Changes to "Saved Searches" !! What a mess

Listed by Date Added and when changed to By Name reverts back to Date Added after each search !!

After each search now goes back to the starting point !! How wonderful when you have to scroll down through the full bank of searches each time !!

How is this helpful ?  

Guess if its too annoying to search , wont bother and just wont be buying !!

Just revert back to the previous version please !!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Changes to "Saved Searches" !! What a mess

Click on the blue heart shape at the bottom of the search and it is removed.

Edit. I would urge anyone who hates this new format to message eBay about it using the "tell us what you think" link at the top of the page.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks very much for the reply padi, it was doing my head in!!!

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

No worries, happy to help. BTW I removed 18 saved searches last night, so there's 18 sets of items I will no longer be looking at because of this stupid "innovation".

eBay has always been fixated on "improving" things that were never broken in the first place - and then replacing them with things that most definitely ARE broken..........grrrr.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Posted following on Ebay Facebook page. Lasted few seconds before taken down.   Very sensitive to any criticism but more than happy to ignore.

As a long time Ebay user, I cannot object strongly enough to the changes made to how "SAVED SEARCHES" now operates.
Previously searches were in alphabetical order and if you started a the top each search you used was highlighted and you were returned to the position of your last search.
Now searches are listed in order of Date Added ? and you are returned to the top of the list after each search. If you opt to have your searches listed alphabetically, you need to opt in for each search and you are returned to the start after each search. A total farce if you have a lot of searches. If potential buyers cannot search quickly and easily, guess they wont be buying and consequently sellers not selling !!

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

You would have been better off adding this to your original thread. I'll ask the mods if they'll move it.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

dkbbuy
Community Member

Yep.... it's like a 12 year old wokester wrote the code..... no thought given to functionality or screen presentation at all.  Also how can you tell if email is toggled on or off?

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@dkbbuy wrote:

Also how can you tell if email is toggled on or off?

On your saved search page at the bottom of each search is an envelope, that should be blue for emails to be sent through.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply