Cheated by seller

I bought Three scarves advertised as cashmere – they turned out to be polyester. I went through the returns process which only allowed me to send the return for one scarf although it detailed all three and expressly stated the total was for 3 scarves. Seller refunded for one scarf and ignored the other two. I have no way of contacting eBay to sort this out they have now closed of the return request. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cheated by seller

If they were 3 separate sales (ie different colours) then you need to open 3 separate claims on them.

If you need to contact eBay, use the link below then scroll to the bottom for contact options. As soon as you are able ask to speak to a supervisor.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/asking-ebay-step-help-buyers?id=4701

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Cheated by seller

What the previous poster said, you need to make two more claims.

However, please note that in the seller's description for these scarves, it does say "Pashmina+polyester mix".

Brand new genuine cashmere scarves probably retail for 5 times the price you paid, so the inexpensive price might have given you a hint that they were not cashmere, but rather a polyester mix as stated in the listing description. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Cheated by seller

To add to my reply, the seller's title is misleading, and it is understandable that buyers assume that the scarves are cashmere pashminas. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Cheated by seller

@earthdreamer wrote:

What the previous poster said, you need to make two more claims.

However, please note that in the seller's description for these scarves, it does say "Pashmina+polyester mix".

Brand new genuine cashmere scarves probably retail for 5 times the price you paid, so the inexpensive price might have given you a hint that they were not cashmere, but rather a polyester mix as stated in the listing description. 

Seller's description does not match 'Item specifics' though.

Item specifics state they are 'Pashmina/Cashmere

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Cheated by seller

Yes, you are right, the listing is misleading on many fronts.

The buyer is well within their rights to request a full refund claiming INAD. 

Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous sellers who rake in sales by deliberately misleading titles and item specifics.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply