Chinese Ebay Pre-Order Scammer

I bought a "Pre-Ordered" item from a Chinese seller on Ebay on the 24th May 2021, it was for a MR.TOYS MT2021-08 1/6 Princess Leia Female Figure 12'' Phicen S12D Body Set and was said to be released late into the 4Q 2021, and I paid $159 US ($228 AU)

A couple of months later around July I received the S12D Body but not the other items which consisted of handmade Head sculpt, Slave Clothing, Neck ring, Wristband, Armbands, Jewelry and a pair of Boots.

After waiting some more time for the rest of the items I contacted the seller on the 15th October to find out if the other items had been released yet and was informed that they had not been released yet and they would send them out to me as soon as they come in.

Well it is the 30th January 2022 and still no items or info about them.

I have tried contacting them but they have not responded to me so I am guessing that they just couldn't be bothered now to contact me as the time for any repercussion has ended and they can basically just keep my money.

I can't even leave them any scathing negative feedback as the time for doing so has passed which I feel is totally wrong as these pathetic Chinese sellers can get away with doing this if they just say items are on "Pre-order" and just keep you waiting till the time is elapsed.

And truthfully I thought this seller was on the up and up because he sent me part of the order but thinking on it now I can see he just sent me a cheap body for 3 times the price he got.

So my advice to you is don't do what I did and buy a Pre-ordered item off Chinese sellers as 90% of them will most likely only rip you off as these type of people don't know the meaning of the word "honest".

And for those of you who are wondering, yes I am very angry about this transaction and if I could write what I am really feeling about this Chinese seller I'd get banned from EBAY.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When you buy from a China based seller it is best to expect nothing & you will not be disappointed.

What was their feedback like when you placed the order?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

6130 score, 17 negative, 27 neutral, so not that bad, so I thought I would take a risk in this instance since I have a thing for Princess Leia  lol 😛

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Good thing she wasn’t Chinese then I guess

What is ebay’s rules regarding pre-orders again?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@crypt_keeper000 wrote:

6130 score, 17 negative, 27 neutral, so not that bad, so I thought I would take a risk in this instance since I have a thing for Princess Leia  lol 😛

sandy makes a good point re pre sales

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-policy?id=4252&st=12&pos=1&query=Pres...

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

What is the policy?

* Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be posted within 20 days of purchase
* The date the item will be available to post must be clearly stated in the listing
* Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale
* Handling time details should include the time it will take the seller to acquire the item, in addition to the time it will take the seller to deliver the package to the postal carrier.

I am sure he got around that by just sending me the body within that time period so it would most likely show up as the item was sent, but to verify that I will contact Ebay in the morning to see what they say, but I think my money is gone.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It looks like the seller still responded in October because he knew you would still be able to open a PayPal dispute if he ignored you (if you used PP to pay), but now he knows your chances are gone he stopped responding. Always try to take action when you still can.

When you contact eBay in the morning, ask to talk to a supervisor. Strictly speaking, as you are past the deadline for disputes, they don't have to help you, but occasionally people have reported some victories after talking to a supervisor. 

You might also be able to get a cc chargeback (if PP took the money out of your cc or you paid directly by cc), but 7 months is quite a long time for a chargeback too.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Just to add salt into the wound, a quick search tells me you’ve way overpaid…. Sorry mate! 😉

Ok…so I think chargeback is your last ditch hope. 

- Go into your purchase history, select this sale, click on ‘see original listing’ and then print it off.

- Then go into your messages and print off every message you have sent and received from the seller regarding this sale. Highlight the date and also the section where they said it was still coming. Take photo  of what you received and print it off. 
- Go to your bank and ask for a chargeback form (banks will have their own name for this, it’s not always ‘chargeback’… but they will be able to tell you). Take all your eBay paperwork with you. 

- Complete the form, attach your paperwork and submit it to the bank. Add as MUCH detail as you can in the description box as to why you want a refund of the sale price.  
- The bank will look into it. As it’s an overseas seller, I really don’t know what outcome you will have, but I think you do have a real case for a chargeback funds return here. 
- Note: this process may take up to 12 weeks. The bank will inform you of the outcome.  
Good luck.  Please keep us informed. 💋

*** next time, pre order these things from a real shop. Ok 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply