Click & Collect stores missing

Ebay has removed all my nearby Click & Collect locations yet they are available to other family  Ebay accounts at the same address. Literally there is like a 5km circle around me with nothing on the location map but they are there on my fathers account.  It's like Ebay is trying to force me to either travel long distances to pick up or choose postage. I have tested the same item on three accounts only mine seems to be restricted.

No problems with any recent purchases no negative feedback no issues but it's like I'm being punished or something. Any Ideas or help please?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Click & Collect stores missing

It's certainly a mystery! Have you contacted ebay via the help page to see if there is anything going on with your account? Help is at the top or bottom of any page. Scroll down and select to chat with ebay. In the interim, if you need to use click and collect, can you use your father's account if his is working?

If you don't want parcels sent to your home address, then another option is Parcel Collect. You need to open a My Post account through Aust Post. It's free and they don't spam your email address. What that means is, instead of parcels being sent to your address, they are sent to whatever post office you select, for you to collect when ready.

Instead of your address being:

John Smith

14 Plate St

That Town 1234

It would be:

John Smith

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

120 Something St

That Town 1234

The number is your unique number and the address is the address of your nominated PO. I have been using Parcel Collect for several years now because I got sick of having parcels stolen from my front door. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Could be a good idea to check your site preferences to make sure you have this enabled.

And/ or check that  your items suit Ebay's requirements

How to use Click & Collect

We'll automatically offer Click & Collect on your listings if:

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

Could be a good idea to check your site preferences to make sure you have this enabled.

And/ or check that  your items suit Ebay's requirements

How to use Click & Collect

We'll automatically offer Click & Collect on your listings if:

I suspect that as this post is on the buyer's forum, the OP is a buyer that is wanting to use Click and Collect and it's not showing up as an option for them, despite being an option for other household members. Nothing to do with having it show up on listings, as they appear to be buying, not selling.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Correct "sons_n_daughters" I am a buyer.  As I said about being forced to travel long distances to pick up or use postage.  All locations close to me are not available as of last week. My Fathers account (Buyer) in same house same internet IP just different computer is fine. I tried logging into his account on my computer just incase it's my pc and he can choose and see all the ones close by  but my account can't.

I'm wondering whether the Hubbed collection point is blocking me for whatever reason or if this is even possible. I have never had a problem with them always friendly chatty etc.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I visited the store today and explained what's happening. They have no Idea why I can't choose them for pickup. They don't have any control or way to stop anyone picking up from their store   😩

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It's certainly a mystery! Have you contacted ebay via the help page to see if there is anything going on with your account? Help is at the top or bottom of any page. Scroll down and select to chat with ebay. In the interim, if you need to use click and collect, can you use your father's account if his is working?

If you don't want parcels sent to your home address, then another option is Parcel Collect. You need to open a My Post account through Aust Post. It's free and they don't spam your email address. What that means is, instead of parcels being sent to your address, they are sent to whatever post office you select, for you to collect when ready.

Instead of your address being:

John Smith

14 Plate St

That Town 1234

It would be:

John Smith

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

120 Something St

That Town 1234

The number is your unique number and the address is the address of your nominated PO. I have been using Parcel Collect for several years now because I got sick of having parcels stolen from my front door. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

When you are on the postage page of the listing does it show your postcode in the box when you go to work out the postage rates.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I'm buying no postage rates just choose collection location and my options are limited.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

The postcode is used to let ebay know your location. This is why I asked if the correct post code shows as that may cause your location to be different and show another result. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks , yes my postcode shows. Ebay help have said its my cache on my browser but they also agree it's very unusual and have logged an issue at their end.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply