Click and collect increases price

klikitz
Community Member

Does anyone else get a price increase ie adding of postage fees when choosing click and collect?

I tried to get click and collect for something $2.99 but it adds on $8 or something. another was $6.95 but click and collect was going to be a total of $22.

The postage is always way more than the item in these cases but free if delivered.

Is this the sellers discouraging click and collect because its harder or more expensive for them? Or maybe its being shipped from China and they cant send it to a click and collect (these are listings posted as item location Australia)?

Some orders don't add postage for click and collect so I do it but otherwise I have to send them to my PO box. I like click and collect because unlike the post office you can collect after 5pm

Summary: Does this happen to you?

Why does it happen?

Can we fix it?

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, a sellers standard postage charges apply to click and collect deliveries.   AP, sendle etc, wont deliver anything anywhere for nothing.

It is different if you are buying from a retailer,  that offers in store click and collect of their  own stock.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You missed the point of the question. Why is postage to a residential address free and yet, click and collect postage from say a pharmacy, is expensive. I have the same problem and question

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

How Click & Collect works

Click & Collect gives you more control over how you have your items delivered, with secure storage at your chosen location until you're ready to collect your parcel. There are no additional charges for Click & Collect; just the seller's normal postage costs (if any).

Do you have a listing number, is the item coming from overseaes, speed pak, does the item specify freight,does the item have an express fee, is it a retailer instore service where a minimum spend or surcharge from the retailer  may apply. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I was always under the impression that if a separate postage amount was listed, that postage amount would stay the same whether you had it delivered to your home or ticked the click and collect option.

I would also have expected that if an item was free postage but included click & collect as an option, then you would pay no more.

However, I have read that sometimes when people use the phone app, items on ebay can appear as having free postage when in fact if you view them eg on a computer, you'll see they were listed with a separate postage amount.  Si it could be an ebay glitch. I'm wondering if that is what is happening to you-if these are not really items with free postage.

I have to admit though that if an item is $6.99, a separate postage charge of $22 would be offputting. Postage is not related in any way to price, it goes on weight and size, I know, but it is a turn off if a small item has dear postage, it encourages you to buy instore instead.

I can't say for sure why it is happening to you though as I have never ticked the click & collect option.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Why wait over a year to point this out?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply