Contacting ebay help

Is there any other way to contact ebay help?  I have tried the live chat but can't get them to do anything and I need to take it further. I have bought something and now cannot get any response from the seller and think it was a scam, but ebay live chat says that I have to wait till the delivery window closes and if I don't get the item then I can claim. Bit late by then, they ask us to let them know asap if it is possibly a scam but how can we do that?

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Contacting ebay help

There could be any number of reasons that a seller does not reply.

Not all members are on their computers every day or there could be internet connection problems.

In my case, I was happily using my computer one day and two hours later was in hospital where I had no access to my computer for several days.

Unless and until the last estimated delivery date has passed the seller has not broken any rules so there is nothing to report.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

@jefhurs_4 wrote:
yes totally agree, but please explain to me why a seller would not reply to a message from a buyer?

I can't answer a question like that, certainly I can't tell you why this particular seller has opted not to reply - I can only offer common reasons that may or may not apply in any given situation; some reasonable & understandable, some not, but I don't think more conjecture is helpful in this situation.

And I say opted because it seems apparent they are receiving the messages / notifications just fine, and are capable of responding when they want to. 

I'm not saying there aren't reasons for concern, only that if you are concerned about your purchase, it will only be "too late" (as stated in your OP) if you leave it too long to open a dispute; if you are instead concerned about other buyers, who may purchase from someone who may or may not be shady, there's really only a few options - feedback is a little premature right now, and you don't really have any grounds to report current listings, so this is currently a little out of your hands.

If the seller finds a potential buyer's inquiry important enough to respond to, I'd check to see if they find the loss of a sale important enough - that is, if you'd rather not proceed with the transaction at this point, I would see if a request (written via message, not via a dispute) for a full and immediate cancellation / refund of the order due to lack of follow-through, both in communication and postage, prompts a response.

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

Just thought I would let you all know that Ebay refunded the purchase after I finally got them to intervene, they too found they could not get a response from the seller.

I did do an experiment and asked a friend to try to buy the same thing, the seller responded immediately, yet when I again tried to contact them within a matter of seconds, surprise, NO response, so beware of this seller.

Message 20 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Contacting ebay help

What is the item number ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

It's only been 4 business days since the sale and the seller says they will post within 3 business days so it's too early to be worried about the sale. Has the seller provided a tracking number yet ?

What eBay CS has said is correct, you can't open a dispute through their MBG until the last ETA has passed.

There doesn't appear to be any red flags with this seller, but they are a new seller and will have a 21 day hold on their money in Paypal, but they should still post within their handling time despite that.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@jefhurs_4 wrote:

Is there any other way to contact ebay help?  I have tried the live chat but can't get them to do anything and I need to take it further

There is no way to contact ebay except through Live Chat at present.  What do you want them to do and why do you need to take it further.

I have bought something and now cannot get any response from the seller and think it was a scam, but ebay live chat says that I have to wait till the delivery window closes and if I don't get the item then I can claim. Bit late by then, they ask us to let them know asap if it is possibly a scam but how can we do that?

There is nothing about that listing to indicate a scam other than the fact that the seller is new.

Live Chat is correct...nothing you can do until the last estimated delivery date has passed.....you cannot open a dispute till then.

And they will not act on your suspicion that it i a scam....you need something concrete to go on.

Why do you need to contact the seller now anyway?  Any questions should have been asked prior to the sale.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

Since the day of purchase I have not been able to get any reply from the seller, nothing, no tracking number, not even a hello!

They have another listing which I asked about and no reply to that either.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

I wanted to contact seller to get tracking number.

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

@jefhurs_4 wrote:

I wanted to contact seller to get tracking number.

eBay can't provide a tracking number, only the seller can do that either when they create a postage label or pay for it at the post ofiice.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

you missed the point, I have tried to contact the seller to get the tracking number. The SELLER has not replied to 3 ebay messages that have been sent, they are only a new seller and would have thought they would be prompt at replying, it is now 5 days and no reply from the seller. The seller states they post witihin 3 business days, now 4. Also the only 1 feedback they have said they did fast shipping.
Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Contacting ebay help

The point is that only the seller can provide a tracking number, so contacting eBay is pointless, as you have found.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply