Couriers won't deliver to FNQ address, vendors wont use Aus Post. What can I do ?

I live in Far North Qld, our small town is 1.5 hours drive north of Cairns. Recently courier companies have been advising sellers that we are outside their delivery area and they won't deliver. Then the seller cancels the order.

My town does not have a mail service, all mail and parcels go to our nearest PO but the sellers adamantly rsfuse to deliver to a PO Box. Most sellers also won't just send it with Aus Post.

I rely on online shopping as we have limited access to stores. It doesn't look like I'll even have online soon. I had 2 orders cancelled on me in the last 2 days because of my location. One vendor didn't even communicate with me, just went straight to Paypal claiming "something is wrong with the address" I then had to reverify all my information which was awkward because they already  had the correct details.

I was only trying to buy a Frypan.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Couriers won't deliver to FNQ address, vendors wont use Aus Post. What can I do ?

I only use Australia Post and have always sent to PO Boxes.

Do you communicate with sellers prior to purchasing? I would be much more amenable to work things out with a buyer who contacts me prior to ordering, rather than afterwards.

A seller who cancels with the "buyers address" reason is only doing so in order to avoid a defect which comes with all the other options a seller can choose from when cancelling. It has nothing to do with your actual address details.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Are you buying things over the AP size/weight limits? If so, the sellers don't have a choice; AP won't carry the products.

If not, that is a seller decision, and the best advice is to buy from sellers who will post with AP.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I honestly can't see it being too much trouble for a frying pan. AP would have no worries carrying that.

Next time you find what you want, do not click BIN, but contact the seller and explain your situation, so long as they are Aus based I can't see why they won't acommodate you and sent to PO.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I assume that is directed at the OP?

If I need a frying pan, I go to the shop and buy an air fryer.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Why would the OP buy an airfryer when she wants a frypan.....2 different appliances.

And the problem is that she cannot just go to the local shops.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I only use Australia Post and have always sent to PO Boxes.

Do you communicate with sellers prior to purchasing? I would be much more amenable to work things out with a buyer who contacts me prior to ordering, rather than afterwards.

A seller who cancels with the "buyers address" reason is only doing so in order to avoid a defect which comes with all the other options a seller can choose from when cancelling. It has nothing to do with your actual address details.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Because kat addressed the answer to me, and that is what I would do. And they are very similar appliances. Although one uses less fat.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

But a frying pan is not the same as a frypan.

A frypan is a versatile electrical appliance that can cook everything from a lump of steak to a full baked dinner to a cake.

The frying pan is a stove top appliance that would stop at the lump of steak.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

But an air fryer can do almost everything a frying or fry-pan can do. Using less electricity and producing a less cholestral-laden result.

I'm not sure of the difference between a frying pan and a frypan. Please elucidate.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I assume that is directed at the OP?

If I need a frying pan, I go to the shop and buy an air fryer.

Yeah, sorry, just clicked the nearest reply button...I have an airfryer - they are great!! And no I don't sell frying pans LOL

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply