Couriers won't deliver to FNQ address, vendors wont use Aus Post. What can I do ?

I live in Far North Qld, our small town is 1.5 hours drive north of Cairns. Recently courier companies have been advising sellers that we are outside their delivery area and they won't deliver. Then the seller cancels the order.

My town does not have a mail service, all mail and parcels go to our nearest PO but the sellers adamantly rsfuse to deliver to a PO Box. Most sellers also won't just send it with Aus Post.

I rely on online shopping as we have limited access to stores. It doesn't look like I'll even have online soon. I had 2 orders cancelled on me in the last 2 days because of my location. One vendor didn't even communicate with me, just went straight to Paypal claiming "something is wrong with the address" I then had to reverify all my information which was awkward because they already  had the correct details.

I was only trying to buy a Frypan.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Couriers won't deliver to FNQ address, vendors wont use Aus Post. What can I do ?

cezm
Community Member

@rosetattoo07 wrote:

I live in Far North Qld, our small town is 1.5 hours drive north of Cairns. Recently courier companies have been advising sellers that we are outside their delivery area and they won't deliver. Then the seller cancels the order.

My town does not have a mail service, all mail and parcels go to our nearest PO but the sellers adamantly rsfuse to deliver to a PO Box. Most sellers also won't just send it with Aus Post.

I rely on online shopping as we have limited access to stores. It doesn't look like I'll even have online soon. I had 2 orders cancelled on me in the last 2 days because of my location. One vendor didn't even communicate with me, just went straight to Paypal claiming "something is wrong with the address" I then had to reverify all my information which was awkward because they already  had the correct details.

I was only trying to buy a Frypan.

We used to live out of town (out of reach of couriers)

I spoke to the PO and they allowed me to use their physical address for my parcels (rather than 'PO Box')

Perhaps have a chat with the staff at the PO and see if they can help

People who travel often use c/- the PO if they need something delivered

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I have an air fryer. I actually bought it as a family member request. Even though it's not needed for that purpose anymore, I use it with great appreciation for its versatility. Roast(?) carrots in the air fryer are fantastic; they come out tasting as sweet and roasty as if I'd poured honey on them. (Parboil them first; drizzle a little olive oil over them; into the air fryer; set the timer; DING!)

But... oh, davewil, are you saying that you don't have any frying pans? I have Swiss Diamond XD Classic Induction frying pans; they work on every sort of stovepot and will even go in the oven. No oil needed. They are so pleasing to use and I have been known to demand that people look at my gorgeous pots and pans to admire them and tell them that they are beautiful. (I'm only slightly exaggerating.)

Frypan (North American) / frying pan (UK, Australian)...

I would not want to fry an egg in an air fryer... or make an omelette... or fry a steak or sausages... or fry vegetables. Different tools for different things.

Re the OP's difficulty with receiving items... the only thing that you can do, really, is as has already been said; ask the seller beforehand, explaining the situation. The seller may be able to send via AP after you explain... but ensure that you ask before purchasing. Good luck! (And... I hope you chose SD for your frying pan. If not, please explain.)

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I have a frying pan, countess. Cost me $10 from Woolies. I don't do upmarket.

And I use it for stir-fried chicken or mince. Things that aren't conducive to an airfryer.

The things I used to cook in oil, like sausages, non-stir-fried chicken, steak, now get air fried.

I am hoping that's more healthy. If not, I'm claiming good intentions.

Edit: sausages work really well, actually. Try it.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I will gladly give it a try!

(Non-stick changed my cooking life, though. It's also enabled oil-free wok frying, etc., etc., but I do admit that the aesthetic of Swiss Diamond appeals to me as well. Ah well... I do still have a roasting dish in a gorgeous red, which I purchased from Woolworths a few years ago. Arcosteel? I also had a matching casserole pot in the same range, but it cracked after 2-3 years.)

I've got my eye on a nice little Trespade sausage filler so that I can make sugar-free gluten-free dairy-free everything-free sausages as appropriate, and just some nice interesting sausages for the rest who don't have such strict dietary requirements.

AP or courier, it won't matter, as I don't live in FNQ. I don't think I ever could; amazingly beautiful, yes, but if even a frying pan is blocked, that's no place for me.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I lived in Cairns in 1978-79.

Beautiful place, But given that anybody from south of Townsville was a southerner, and from Canberra, an abomination, it was difficult to get work. So I moved to Darwin, where I got a job within a week. There might have been some nepotism...

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Steak is great done in the air fryer, so are chops. Roast chook is so juicy when done on the rotisserie. Even just regular chicken pieces on the rack are great. I don't go much for chips in it though, whether they be frozen or hand cut. They remind me of oven fries and Ive never really been a fan of them.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply