Damaged item

I bought three identical plastic cat litter trays that arrived today.  One of them has a split in one corner.  Part of the plastic corner could easily snap off and the edges are surprisingly sharp.

I've never bought multiples of items with one damaged before.  Before I leave any feedback I would like to notify the seller but firstly, which question do I tick in contact seller, and secondly, would have to return all the boxes or just the damaged one if required?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Damaged item

eBay and PayPal change things so many times but there used to be a box to tick when opening a case 'I didn't receive part of the order or was damaged'.

I don't know if they still have that option.

Firstly choose send seller a message, they may just part refund immediately.

If no response then choose 'there is a problem with the item' or words to that effect. 

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

Gert them to refund the cost of a tube of superglue.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

@davewil1964 wrote:

Gert them to refund the cost of a tube of superglue.

Just what I thought you might say when I saw your name. Smiley LOL

I have tried that in the past but it never lasts.  At some point you might be holding a heavy litter tray about to clean it....and the slightest twist of the tray will pop the glued section....and the split gets bigger.

I bought these trays to replace cheaper thinner plastic ones (supermarket purchase) where one has already cracked after short usage.  The plastic is thicker on the new trays so I was surprised to see the damage.

Seems they don't make litter trays like then used to. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

@zanadoo,

Can you splash out on a Mighty Regal Cat Dome? (It's not actually called that... It's the Petmate Cleanstep Cat Litter Dome.)

In Xanadu did Kubla Khat
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred litter, sat
Through caverns measureless to man
   Was full but was clump-free.
So twice five miles of fertile ground
With walls and towers were girdled round;
And there were filters never odors bore,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were steps where cats could clean each paw,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

Petmate have a good price, especially if you're a member.
I looked on eBay and only found one listing for this - pickup in SA.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

Feline prepped for launch,

Littered floor, night sky a dome,

Poised pink pucker.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

Crikey, that's one expensive litter tray.

Three reasons why it is not suitable - the cat doesn't like enclosed litter trays, that setup is too big for the space I have the current tray in (only place I can put it) and I've had covered trays before and the covers are a pain to clean...and one that size would be a real headache given that my arthritic knees mean I can't stand for long and I imagine it's a 'take it outside and hose it down' job.  I was also wondering how I could carry it and use my pick up walking frame at the same time. Smiley Frustrated

Even researching basic trays I had to make sure it wasn't too big for the space.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

I admit that I pamper the Khat of this household.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

I bought three identical plastic cat litter trays that arrived today.  One of them has a split in one corner.  Part of the plastic corner could easily snap off and the edges are surprisingly sharp.

I've never bought multiples of items with one damaged before.  Before I leave any feedback I would like to notify the seller but firstly, which question do I tick in contact seller, and secondly, would have to return all the boxes or just the damaged one if required?

I've never had to do it with part of an order either but what I would do is contact the seller, tell them exactly what happened and attach a photo if I could.

If there is a section where you can tick that there was a problem with part of your order, I'd choose that.

I'd wait till you got a reply before doing anything else such as feedback. To my mind, the best option would probably be for the seller to ask you what you want to do-whether you would like a one third total refund or whether you would prefer to return the lot (at seller expense) for a total refund.

Unlike dave, I don't think telling you to stick it together is a respectful option & if a seller offered to replace only a repair cost, it would put my back up. When you buy something, you are entitled to receive what you have bought, in new and as advertised condition. Sometimes stuff happens but when it does, this really shows up the calibre of the seller. If the seller offers you a third refund immediately or a return, and follows through in a timely manner, then they deserve the highest of praise and positive feedback (in my opinion but of course it is up to you.).

I do think they should also offer a full refund  on return if that is what you prefer, because you may be disenchanted with the items or think they are too flimsy for the purpose. Depends on how they broke and what you feel about the trays.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Damaged item

Zanadoo, can you message me with the maximum measurements that you can accommodate please?

I have a litter tray here that is not a litter tray....it was purchased from a plastics wholesaler and is tip top quality due to the problems I had with most pet shop bought trays being of questionable quality.

It gave us many years of good service and the only signs are that the bottom (covered by the litter) is scuffed up due to the vigorous scratching by our girl.

Happy to send it to you if it will fit in your space.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply