Deluded Seller Flogging Off New $5 Notes

I was just checking out what people are selling the new $5 notes for, to see how optimistic some people are (and there are some very optimistic ones out there!). I came across a seller selling a run of 100. I looked at the price and thought he was a nutter. $125 for 100 $5 notes. Then I looked at the postage. $500. His reason, part of the price is built into the postage that helps keep the price low. I'm thinking someone hasn't worked out that they get hit for fees on postage. I think someone is in for a rude shock when their eBay bill comes in.

I feel like telling him but he's got over 300 feedback as a seller, you'd think he'd have worked it out by now.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Deluded Seller Flogging Off New $5 Notes

Yeah I'd also let someone like that find out himself. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

If he was a new seller I'd probably let him know, but he's not. It could also be a bait listing. Someone will see the low price and then not look at the postage. Then get a rude shock when they go to pay for it!

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

But it doesn't matter how much he charges for postage because it's 9.9% in fees on the total,so even if he

charged $50 postage and $575 for the notes he will still pay the same fees.

I'm looking at the seller that has a bundle for sale for $3000 at the moment lol.

The first prefix notes are fetching $130 for a single note wow.

I have a couple of bricks and most are first prefix but I can't sell so I will just hold onto them haha.

And I'm still yet to see them in circulation,I think we must have all purchased them straight from the mint lol.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Yes that's what we are saying.

Maybe the seller doesn't know fees are on total.

Poor form IMO.

When available get some bricks of last prefixes as well.

Everyone seems to like having a first and last prefix.

image host
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Someone on the CS forum got one in circulation the other day. I was stunned when I saw what some of them were going for at auction for 1 note. Seriously? $130 for a new $5 note? I know that down the track they increase in value, but I think with these it will be way down the track and even then, I'd be surprised if they valued at that, regardless of the prefix.

For those that want bundles, wouldn't it make sense to just go to the bank and buy them? At least they're just paying face value and not a big mark up.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Looks like someone gave your seller a heads up as the price has increased to $645.00 and $15.00 postage. He hasn't changed the description though.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

The problem is that the banks aren't really supposed to hand over any new currency if asked to do it

but if the banks happen to give it to you when you're withdrawing then you're in luck.

I have asked plenty of times and they refused lol.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Tippy it is not only notes that are being flogged for a high price I have been watching the price of these Holden collector coins on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australia-Mint-2016-Holden-Heritage-50c-Piece-12-Coin-Collection-Set-In-T...

A  nice little profit on these coins if you can get a e bayer silly enough to  buy them at that price.

I ordered a set of these from the mint on the day I received notification of them going on sale. I bought 1 set for the price of $160.00 with postage of $13.20 . All up $173.20.

I always thought sharks lived in the ocean but I have noticed that live in ebay too.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

$370 is the highest I've seen them go for so far lol.

You have to realize that selling coins and notes is a profitable business.

I purchased the new $5 note in bundles of face value of $5000,I got 4 bundles and I could easily get 25 x $5000

for them that's how crazy it is.

Sellers aren't sharks well not all of them haha and buyers aren't silly as the value of coins and notes in the future and even now

is only going up and I'm surprised not everyone is selling them haha.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply