Dishonest Ebay

Seller sells used items as new.Has feedbacks about that.I lodged negative feedback to let buyers know.Ebay removed feedback as this guy is selling many goods.Sick.You can not trust Ebay as well as Paypal.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Dishonest Ebay

eBay is very strict about removing feedback, and rarely do it, except in special circumstances.  Your claim is that they have removed it because the seller sells a lot.  This would not be true.  Look up the reasons "why" in eBay and you will find you have breached one of the reasons and that is why eBay have removed the feedback.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@andreswita wrote:

Seller sells used items as new.Has feedbacks about that.I lodged negative feedback to let buyers know.Ebay removed feedback as this guy is selling many goods.Sick.You can not trust Ebay as well as Paypal.

You said ebay accepted your claim & you're getting your money back, so that is a win. Ebay has treated you okay in that regard, you can't ask for much more. Ebay is a sales site & your main concern is to get the item as described. Giving feedback is just a side issue.

It seems unusual for ebay to have removed feedback. Are you totally sure you haven't broken one of their feedback rules? You said you were polite so no problem there, but did you mention the dispute or getting money back etc? The seller only has to ring ebay if you break any of the feedback no-nos and they can get the feedback removed. 

My main advice though would be if you see a seller with a string of bad feedback that mentions the same issue, never assume it can't happen to you. Bad feedback over & over for the same thing is a red flag. At least ask the seller specific questions about the condition of the item before you bid.

Don't worry too much about having your feedeback removed. As someone else said, you as a customer didn't take too much notice of feedback so why assume any other customers would take heed of yours? The main thing is getting your money back and that is happening.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

eBay is very strict about removing feedback, and rarely do it, except in special circumstances.  Your claim is that they have removed it because the seller sells a lot.  This would not be true.  Look up the reasons "why" in eBay and you will find you have breached one of the reasons and that is why eBay have removed the feedback.

I'm not so sure about that.

There is one large volume seller we have dealt with on quite a few occasions who regularly has negative feedback removed, and only once has the number of revised feedback increased.

Every couple of weeks we see another negative on his feedback, then within a few days they are no longer there.  We heard about this earlier this year and have been watching closely ever since.

We can understand the removal of a couple due to the wording, but most of them are factual without any reference to a case, etc.

Neutrals stay, but negatives disappear.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Is that the one that possibly has the "Account Manager" because they have an Anchor Store ????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Yes.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply