Dodgy sellers

Why the hell are eBay not weeding out some of these really dodgy sellers and banning their IP address permently.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Dodgy sellers

Are they Chinese sellers, crow? It's such a cheek when scammers use legitimate listings as their own template for selling things which they don't have. Unfortunately, it's clear that some buyers WILL let dodgy sellers string them along past the eBay MBG time... and many of those buyers still don't appear to realise that the PayPal Buyer Protection timeframe has increased from 45 days to 180 days.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Not sure if they're Chinese but they all seem to live in the same neighbour hood lol.

What they are doing is listing an item and then stating that a different item is within that item and it shouldn't be there so it's worth more money lol.

But they're 2 different items made out to be 1 and people are bidding and not realizing it's fake.

This item was sold by a reputable seller and now those images are being used to scam buyers.

Ebay had removed the listing once when I actually had a bid on the item and then bam it's back and not just from 1 seller lol.

Contacted ebay and they're looking into it but the item is still doing the rounds haha.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Item title?

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

The listings are still going so why did ebay delete the listing previously when I was bidding and no one knew it was a scam?

And now the same listing from different sellers is still running it just baffles me lol.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

One removed and one more to go,ebay must of removed the one that you reported countess haha ebay never listens to me lol.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Our combined effort probably did the job, crow...

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Guess what countess that's right that coin set is up for sale again lol.

Now the buyer of that set is selling it and it's the same 2 sellers that did the shilling and are now selling it again.

I have reported it to ebay again, but I won't hold my breath.

I think these sellers are perhaps paying the FVFs so as to make it look like it is legit?

I also think that bidders including myself have caught onto the scam and are letting these scammers win lol.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

OOOOOKAY... Operation CoinTakedown is resumed!

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Same set now listed by a new seller account and the original seller so there are now 2 listings obviously same person different account and I can'r believe bidders are falling for this scam,C'MON Ebay grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Will resume mission once I'm out of hospital again this afternoon...

It is worrying that buyers fall for scam listings. I don't think they are listening to their "Danger, Will Robinson"...

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply