Does Ebay ever seriously listen to its members?

Recently I purchased a LED bike headlight off a seller who stated that free postage was offered. After the sale I was blocked from paying and a message was displayed that the seller would be using a private courier to freight the item instead and that I would have to provide a physical address so the item could be delivered. The problem here is that no-one is at home to receive parcels through the day and my employer frowns upon workers receiving parcels at the firm's loading dock. So how does one pay for and receive items in this situation, where the seller has misinformed potential buyers about delivery options? If had known that "postage" was not available then I would have avoided this seller.

So I go through the motions of an unpaid dispute, sending an appeal (which was ignored and I didn't get e-mailed my copy - fix your site Ebay) and then receiving the unpaid item strike - all without Ebay sending a formal response to the appeal.

In ten years+ on Ebay I have never before refused to pay for an item and have 100% positive feedback, including from many sellers with good reputations themselves. About 95% of my auction wins are paid for immediately following the auction and some sellers acknowledge this in their feedback to me. On this occasion I was simply mis-informed by the seller and because of this I was unable to receive the item, despite asking him to honour the postage option he displayed in his listing.

At the end of the day I don't care much about the unpaid strike - one in ten years doesn't seem much to worry about but there's two things I would like to say regarding the matter:-

1. Ebay's communication is below par. The sending of notices regarding unpaid items with no obviouslt successful way of explaining the issue is just pathetic. The fact that when I finally managed to find a form to lodge an appeal I didn't end up being responded to is also a joke. Communicating with Ebay should be far more streamlined and replies to concerns should be addressed far more expediently. These problems should not happen in the 21st century and involve companies worth billions of dollars.

2. Ebay needs to treat its feedback system more seriously. Members actively use it and I'd like to imagine that a vast majority of the comments left for all are truthful and accurate. I think the fact that I have 100% positive feedback and the seller I was dealing with has has 18 negative comments in the last year should be taken into account when dealing with disputes.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does Ebay ever seriously listen to its members?

Great news! Well done!

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply