Does not post to PO box

Have noted I'm not the only one to have problems with a seller not making it clear that they will not send/post to a PO box address. I live in a rural area with no AusPost delivery so have a PO box in the nearest town. It is my only available postal address.

May I suggest that ebay management enforce a clarity of postage / delivery options when a buyer uses "Buy Now" rather than the buyer finding out the PO box ban after committing to buy. My latest attempt to Buy Now failed but after contacting the seller requesting a change of settings so I could complete the transaction and getting no responses, I'm hoping that this stuff-up doesn't affect my clean record of payment. I've since the item from another seller without any delivery issues.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does not post to PO box

cezm
Community Member

I use the cart. If the seller doesn't post to a PO Box it tells me there's a problem with the address before I purchase

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm also in a rural area, but I put my PO box as well as my physical address in my postal details for couriers if the seller is using them.

Works for me.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

I use the cart. If the seller doesn't post to a PO Box it tells me there's a problem with the address before I purchase

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I always use the cart. I reckon it makes buying easier 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Living in rural areas, means you sometimes have to think outside the box and have alternative options available to you.   I have arrangements with couriers, postal contractors and two postal agencies  and do not expect or need ebay to pander to my individual circumstances.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I've sent to a lot of buyers who use both a PO Box and a physical address in their order.

Could that be one way of getting around it?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I believe one way to overcome that problem is to put the address of the Post Office in your town and your box number.  I live in a rural area too but have RSD (road side deliveries) which is great.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@beautbots01 wrote:

I believe one way to overcome that problem is to put the address of the Post Office in your town and your box number.  I live in a rural area too but have RSD (road side deliveries) which is great.

You would probably need to clear that with your Post Office staff, but even doing that would not force the couriers other than Startrack to deliver there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply