Does this mean the item is delivered?

Just wondering if this photo shows the item is delivered or should be a great bar in the line underneath?

Nothing has arrived and I am unsure so would love some help

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Does this mean the item is delivered?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Is Mt Gambier your local PO....the signature would be that of a staff member.

If it is not your local PO I would say the seller has given you the wrong tracking number.  You will have to ring them.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, just double check that they sent it to your correct address and that they've got all of your details right. Also make sure your PayPal address (if payed that way) is correct. If they didn't send it to your PayPal address, you may be eligable for a refund.

Odds are, they can just contact the person who does have it, have it sent back and then resend it on to you.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Paypal address is correct. Will sit on it tommorow in case the Arty person is a post office worker, might be it hasnt been carded in the post box yet

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Is the paypal address a PO Box or is it a street address?

If the courier tried to deliver to a street address first it may have been quite late before it arrived at the PO

Also, if it was first delivered to a street address there should have been a card left there to tell you it is at the PO.

If there is no card in your PO Box tomorrow you should ask in the PO as they have probably forgotten to do it.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

tahslo88
Community Member
Probably a stupid question lol but um does sent mean delivered ?
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@tahslo88,

This is a very, very old thread. The last time on which someone posted here was โ€Ž29-04-2013, at 11:32 PM.  In most instances, posting on such a long-dormant thread is regarded as thread necromancy...

To answer your question, no. "Sent" never means "delivered".

When the item is sent, it's starting on its postal journey, with the seller waving goodbye to it and saying, "This is the last time we'll ever meet. May your journey be sweet. Be good. Farewell, dear parcel, farewell!"

When the item is delivered, the postman or courier delivering your parcel brings it tenderly to you, a cheerful smile on his/her face at the knowledge that the long long journey is coming to a close... Just a few more seconds, and it will be done. There you are, on your doorstep, holding out your arms eagerly, crying out, "Oh, come to me, come to my arms, my beamish boy, my parcel from far-away places!" You grab hold of the parcel. Voilร . Delivery has taken place.

The despatch / delivery scenario has been simplified herein for the purpose of illustration. No liability shall be pasted upon the poster with a runcible spoon if delivery occurs to a PO box, a stop en-route for repacking or other purposes, or any other shipping happenstance. All complaints to be directed to the borogoves during the hours of wabe and brillig.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@tahslo88 wrote:
Probably a stupid question lol but um does sent mean delivered ?

Is 'sent' the current eBay status on your order details? That generally means the seller has handed it over to the postal service, and it's in transit, or that they have at least created the postage label and it will be in transit soon (processing the postage can automatically mark an order as sent on eBay, but it could be a little while before the seller actually hands it over to the postage service).

Sometimes there will be a tracking number so the status will update along the way because it links to Australia Post or whichever service is handling the package, but if there is no tracking number uploaded to eBay, the status won't update there after it's been marked as sent, and you won't be able to check when it's going to actually be delivered. 

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Spoiler
Admittedly I went full-whimsical...
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:
Spoiler
Admittedly I went full-whimsical...

I like whimsy

Edit: I dunno why that's playing in slow motion o.O

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

When the item is sent, it's starting on its postal journey, with the seller waving goodbye to it and saying, "This is the last time we'll ever meet. May your journey be sweet. Be good. Farewell, dear parcel, farewell!"

My version of that goes along the lines of, "Good riddance, I never want to see you again.  Please tell all your mates to find new homes as well."  Only one way traffic is allowed here - OUT the door, not in!!!

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply