Dress was advertised as BNWT but is not new and has been used and has stains

I purchased a dress advertised as BNWT. The dress arrived and I can see that the tags have been re-attached. The lining of the dress has large yellow stains to both underarm pits, and another large yellow stain to the front of the lining. Clearly the dress has been worn and is not new. I paid $60 + postage for the dress. I do like the dress and I would like to keep it and try to remove the stains myself. But it is not BNWT it is used and so I'd like to know what partial refund amount is reasonable for me to ask for? I was thinking one third of the BNWT price, so $20 refund as the dress is used. Does $20 seem a reasonable amount?

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I think it is reasonable. You could open a case for INAD, but if you do, you will have to return the dress, which is not what you want to do, so you will have to discuss the issue with the seller. Make sure you take photos of the stains etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Yes, I think it is reasonable. You could open a case for INAD, but if you do, you will have to return the dress, which is not what you want to do, so you will have to discuss the issue with the seller. Make sure you take photos of the stains etc.

Message 2 of 80
Latest reply

please provide item number, so that we can look for ourselves

Message 3 of 80
Latest reply

Thanks for replying 🙂

Message 4 of 80
Latest reply

I wish I could provide the item number, but it's not allowed 😞  The large yellow stains are not shown in the listing anyway, they are on the inner lining - a definitely worn dress with those underarm stains.

Message 5 of 80
Latest reply

You can definitely give us the item number.

You just cannot name the seller on the boards.

You have left dozens of negs for sellers, so we would definitely like to see the listing for ourselves.

Message 6 of 80
Latest reply

Oh my!

No partials for the OP.

Message 7 of 80
Latest reply

Hmmmm…..

some sellers have left feedback (obviously green dot, but neg statement) saying you keep items for a month and then claim INAD.
Another has called you a scammer, another has said to block you and run! 

Wow…. You’ve been busy little bee, haven’t you. Don’t tell me this purchase is the karma bus arriving….. (the scammer gets scammed? ) idk.  

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out! 😉

I won’t be offering you any help, though! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 80
Latest reply

Janeababe, I have hundreds of positive feedback from genuine and honest sellers. The comments you are referring to are from dishonest sellers. I do not appreciate you using this forum to bully other eBay members.

Message 9 of 80
Latest reply

Pointing out facts is not bullying, nor is you not liking a response 

To anyone looking, it looks like you  buy, wear and then say something was not as described 

But you want us to just believe you when you say this is not the case

You not liking someone noticing a repeated pattern of behaviour which is happening again and you want other members to help you achieve it this time is not bullying either 

Not everyone is instantly going to think 'has to be bad sellers'

You were asked for the item number and refused to post it, claiming it was 'not allowed'

Does the seller have feedback that shows they send a lot of not described clothes, or would you be the first person they have done this to?

In any case, it does not matter what anyone reading here thinks

All people here can see is you say one thing, and several different sellers saying another 

But you expect people reading this will, without question believe you, no questions asked over several others and getting your back up when this is pointed out

The important thing is eBay will have a record of feedback/ any disputes/returns/partial refunds etc etc  and raise their own concerns if they believe it needs looking at

Most likely you will have the outcome in your favour, again

But how many more times is it going to happen again in future? 

People reading here can also make up their own minds with party(ies) that add to their own party lists 

Message 10 of 80
Latest reply