Drop Shipping eBay sellers damaging customer trust

The number of drop shippers on eBay is increasing and I am finding them to be inattentive, careless and completely lacking in customer support.  Recently I had to purchase an item from 3 different sellers before receiving the correct, advertised one. The drop ship sellers made no apology for their error, one not responding at all (relying on eBay automated return) and another sent rote replies that did not apply to my situation. The whole process took more than 2 months and I would have been better off purchasing somewhere other than eBay. Perhaps in future I will.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Drop Shipping eBay sellers damaging customer trust

The last neg you left

The seller has 24 negs and 72 neuts from 'within the past month'  alone

I certainly woud not be choosing to support them

The 'plug seller' registered in China, 96% feedback (beyond alarming)

All the info is there, it's useless if it is not read

It would'nt matter how many more tools eBay provided , on top of all the ones already given, buyers would still say they did'nt know etc etc

Nothing dismissive at all

You yourself point out you are a 'long time buyer' it is reasonable to think that by now, you would know to at least glance at a seller's feedback

The last seller's rating would have sent most people here running a mile

Rather than say it did'nt ring alarm bells

Not sure they could have been any louder 

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply

Re: Drop Shipping eBay sellers damaging customer trust

I think what it comes down to is you can buy from anyone on ebay that you want to.

If things go south, there is the money back guarantee to fall back on and you need to apply it each and every time a purchase is seriously not up to scratch. If an item doesn't arrive or is significantly different to what was described in the ad.

However, some sellers are a bit more of a risk than others. Doesn't mean you can't buy from them, just that you need to be aware of the track record before you buy, so you can make an informed decision about whether to go ahead or not.

Message 32 of 32
Latest reply