Drop Shipping eBay sellers damaging customer trust

The number of drop shippers on eBay is increasing and I am finding them to be inattentive, careless and completely lacking in customer support.  Recently I had to purchase an item from 3 different sellers before receiving the correct, advertised one. The drop ship sellers made no apology for their error, one not responding at all (relying on eBay automated return) and another sent rote replies that did not apply to my situation. The whole process took more than 2 months and I would have been better off purchasing somewhere other than eBay. Perhaps in future I will.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@eol-products wrote:

Not everyone leaves feedback so hard to work out total sales.

True,  but you can only go by the evidence presented,  it is a high percentage based on what we can see.

I have 1 out of several thousand in the last 12 months.  And if you look at that 1, it's because the buyer didnt bother to read the ad which clearly gave the size.

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

Wouldn't that be items sold not sales. 

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

I had a quick look at what they sell and I do find lower priced items can be where buyers are more likely to leave negative feedback.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

No - an item sold is considered a sale.

Perhaps you mean ' sales figures '.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I had a quick look at what they sell and I do find lower priced items can be where buyers are more likely to leave negative feedback.

No relevance,  if its a $5 item or a $10000 item, if its dodgy, its dodgy.  Totally irrelevant

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

It is not 20 or so negs from the last seller they gave neg feedback to.  Its 23 in the last month plus 71 neutrals,  thats something like 4% of sales are problematic in some way.   Which means that 4 out of every hundred,  not not a positive experience, I'm glad you think that goes with the territory of a good Australian business.  I don't

I hope you don't mind me replying, sugar. I am not doing it in any spirit of argument, just enjoy discussion or debate.

I agree that the latest 2 sellers have got several negs and neutrals but the problem is, there are also many, many positives. You have said you think the feedback is not indicative of a good Australian business but a big part of the problem is ebay itself labels one of them as an outstanding seller or delivering outstanding service, forget exact words.

What is a buyer supposed to think when they read that? To me, it reeks of the ebay stamp of approval and I think when a lot of buyers see that, plus the score of 99.3% they think it looks okay. Even if they look at the ' see all feedback' the negs can get lost in the sea of greens.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Even if they look at the ' see all feedback' the negs can get lost in the sea of greens.

Springy, if you click on the number for negatives, it lists just the negatives, without all the greens to confuse.

I hope you already knew that.

It's basic 'due diligence'.

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Springy, if you click on the number for negatives, it lists just the negatives, without all the greens to confuse.

I hope you already knew that.

It's basic 'due diligence'.

Yes, sure, I know that. 😀

But a lot of buyers may not check feedback and in fact, under the new ebay format, even if they do, they may not even see that option. If you click on 'feedback' it just shows the last 10 or so bits of feedback & unless you click further onto 'show all feedback, none of the detailed stats are visible. Just the 99.3% score and the latest few feedbacks.

I actually wonder if it is a deliberate ploy on the part of ebay.

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

PS Just noticed when I checked that the summary now includes a clickable link. I swear this is a new feature as I recall looking a while back and being frustrated as it didn't list +/neutral/- as such & I had to go into 'see all feedback' to view it.

It doesn't negate the fact though that ebay is labelling one of those selelrs as delivering outstanding service.

If you are saying the buyer should do due diligence, then why is ebay not doing some diligence and banning such sellers or downgrading them at least? Surely they should not be labelling them as one of their most reputable sellers?

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

It doesn't negate the fact though that ebay is labelling one of those selelrs as delivering outstanding service.

If you are saying the buyer should do due diligence, then why is ebay not doing some diligence and banning such sellers or downgrading them at least? Surely they should not be labelling them as one of their most reputable sellers?

eBay stopped using feedback to evaluate sellers some years ago.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply