Australia Post Tracking Number Fake

What does it mean if the Australia Post Tracking Number for an Item is not recognised by Australia Post?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Due to be delivered by, if a date provided on the listing, is a date estimated by eBay.

It doesn't take into account public holidays etc., and can be way out from reality.

What's more concerning is that your tracking is invalid on May 10...a reasonable time after May 5.

I'd ask the seller to confirm they gave you the right number. Ask a question on the listing near the bottom for that.

Keep an eye on the timeframe for the eBay money back guarantee if you don't get it soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

To me that looks like an overseas tracking number, with the AU at the end.  They often don't show up until they land here and AP gives it a local number. More often than not, you can't track it at all.  The next you hear of it will be when it gets delivered to you. Just play the waiting game as we all do.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Take no notice of the due to be delivered. The 'estimated' dates give by EBAY are meaningless

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It could mean several things.

How long ago was it uploaded?

Sometimes the items are not scanned into the system immediately.....or it may have missed the initial scan and will not show in the system until it is due to be delivered.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

It was due to be delivered 05th May 2016. I have tried tracking the parcel but can't seem to find it. Australia Post say that this tracking number: WO01150156403463AU is invalid.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

It always gets me why an item coming to say, central NSW from Vic, showsall movements in that state, but once it gets to the mail centre at Chullora NSW, the tracking stops there, and nothing is added any further. Just says ''in transit''.  Surely it must be scanned at the distrubution centres around the state, which for the central west is Orange I believe.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Due to be delivered by, if a date provided on the listing, is a date estimated by eBay.

It doesn't take into account public holidays etc., and can be way out from reality.

What's more concerning is that your tracking is invalid on May 10...a reasonable time after May 5.

I'd ask the seller to confirm they gave you the right number. Ask a question on the listing near the bottom for that.

Keep an eye on the timeframe for the eBay money back guarantee if you don't get it soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

To me that looks like an overseas tracking number, with the AU at the end.  They often don't show up until they land here and AP gives it a local number. More often than not, you can't track it at all.  The next you hear of it will be when it gets delivered to you. Just play the waiting game as we all do.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Take no notice of the due to be delivered. The 'estimated' dates give by EBAY are meaningless
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

The only reason to take notice of the estimated delivery date, is that eBay money back guarantee claims have to be started within thirty days of that date. (Or thirty days of actual delivery, if it arrived but there's a different problem)

image.jpeg

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Sorry, very true. But from a 'arriving in your mailbox' view I mean 🙂
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Totally 🙂

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply