EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

Attention all Australian photographers - I recently purchased $344 worth of photographic equipment from what was listed as being in Australia and using Australia Post Parcel Post service from the eBay seller <Removed> - the seller REFUSED to supply the "Aust Post parcel post number and when the items did not arrive stated they could not contact the "courier service" who were given the items. It would appear this company <Removed> is deliberately listing items for sale as being in Australia and using Australia Post as the delivery service - BUT THEY ARE NOT - they take your money and then REFUSE TO HELP - DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER <Removed> eBay also refuses to do ANYTHING about sellers who use this practice of false information to gain sales. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

Did you check their red stars before buying? They are in Hong Kong.....claim non-receipt through PayPal

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

Its true that the seller is located in Hong kong, but the items are described as located in Regent Park, Australia and the seller claims to use Australia Post to mail their items. One would expect based on the description that the seller has a wharehouse and distributor in Australia.

You could not really blame people for being decieved by these crooks. The problem is not really with the buyers, it is ebay that is allowing these sellers to misrepresent their item location. Just another reason that buyers are loosing trust in the site and the honest sellers have to put up with crazy returns policies etc. while ebay to tries to restore its battered image and attract buyers back after bad buying experiences such as this.

The world has gone mad !!!. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

@chameleon54 wrote:

The world has gone mad !!!. 

Indeed - if there are no consequences for those who do the wrong thing, but the fallout hits all of the people doing the right thing, nothing actually changes for the better. 

One day, I hope eBay come into the possession of a little logic. Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

zain5700
Community Member
Can you please tell if the goods arrived or did you get a refund?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

barneywomble has not been to the boards for over 14 months and this thread is even older......I doub that you will get ananswer to your question.

If you need help with a similar problem I suggest you start a new thread and give enough information to enable the respondrs to answer.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

EBAY WARNING - <Removed>

c_mount
Community Member

Greedbay love protecting scammers hence the '<Removed>' bollox......

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply