EBAY WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchased an item ,the item was never dispatched even after the maximum estimated postal time had passed .Need vehicle back on the road,requested Ebay refund me as  i will be buying the item elsewhere . E bays response was wait 1 more week ,what for ? .If item hasn't been dispatched for weeks why inconvenience me more ?Advised them that i no longer want the item as will be going to purchase the item tomorrow elsewhere as need it as dont want seller stating in a weeks time he is posting it and then stuck with a duplicate item.Fell on deaf ears .Will contact credit card company to see if i can get a charge back on the item.Will limit any future purchases where possible thru Ebay going forward

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

So.......it seems like you haven't followed any of the procedures to get a resolution.

When did you open a case for "Not Delivered"?

Contacting Ebay customer service means nothing. Waiting on a seller who is clearly not sending you anything is pointless. Ebay will only intervene if an issue is formalised through the opening of a dispute.

Open a case right now if you are within 30 days of the last estimated date of delivery. Stop worrying about what customer service and the seller tells you. The seller will need to provide tracking or you will get a refund.

Is the seller domestically registered or in China? Did you bother checking this as well as what their feedback was like before purchasing?

What is the item number?

If you are beyond 30 days, you can open a case in Paypal

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

eBay is not the seller.

eBay has procedures in place that are massively in a buyer's favour.

Let me guess, you agreed to eBay's terms, didn't read them, nor read the MGB.

0% sympathy.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The buyers who gave you negs, probably feel that way too

Bike and car both of the road as 2 seperate sellers have failed to ship your items (apparently)

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@gevonline,

Did you not read the appalling feedback for both of your most recent sellers?

They may be registered in Australia, but it's possible that they are drop-shipping their items. Particularly with your most recent seller, there is a very bad history there for simply not sending and not refunding. There appear to be quite a few buyers who have no idea how to open a claim for INR within the MBG timeframe, in order to get their full refund.

You may want to check a seller's negative feedback in future before buying. You're not buying from eBay itself; eBay is the platform on which the sellers sell.

I'm not sure what you mean by "requested Ebay refund me". How did you make such a request? It's an extremely simple processs.

1. Go to Purchase history.
  2. Select More actions beside your item and then I didn't receive it.
  3. Tick the box beside I want a refund or I want the item. (I strongly suggest not ticking "I want the item", as that largely means more delay while the seller fails to do a thing.)
  4. You have the option of adding a message to the seller.
  5. Select Send request.

(Or use this link: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/action?topicid=4042) No need to go back and forth with eBay - this is a bot-driven process that is completely automatic. If the seller doesn't refund you within 3 days (or provide a satisfactory solution... but in this sort of instance, a full refund would be the only satisfactory solution, in my view), then you can ask eBay to "step in", which means that unless the seller can provide proof of delivery to you, you'll be granted a refund. BEWARE: you can ask eBay to step in at any time after 3 days from opening the request, up to 21 days... but if you don't ask eBay to step in by that time, your request will automatically close and you won't be able to re-open it. It's better not to wait until the last moment if you need eBay to step in.

Read up about eBay's Money Back Guarantee for all the details.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Why did you advise eBay all of this and not the seller?

What was the estimated delivery date?

When did you try to open the item not received dispute?

You have been a buyer and a seller for more than long enough to be aware of such basics 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Purchased an item ,the item was never dispatched even after the maximum estimated postal time had passed

I wasn't 100% sure what you meant. Did you mean the seller didn't post it off within the handling time as stated in the ad or do you mean you never received it within the estimated delivery time frame? I am assuming the latter here.

If that is the case, just do as others have suggested. Stop bothering trying to contact ebay or the seller, just go straight into an official ebay claim for item not received and follow through with it. If the seller has not even posted it off, they won't have a leg to stand on and you will get your money back within days.

And yes, always check out prior feedback before you commit your money and if something is really time sensitive or super important to have asap, buying online isn't always the best option.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Your own feedback score is 96.4%.

And by reading your feedback, I guess what goes around, comes around! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

Your own feedback score is 96.4%.

And by reading your feedback, I guess what goes around, comes around! 

In fairness, general advice on the forums when a buyer tries to cancel a purchase is that  a seller does not have to agree so that -ive could be harsh

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Have you looked at this blokes listings? He sells car parts, cars for wrecking, etc……

So isn’t  it ironic that another seller has now stuffed him around, who happens to sell the same sort of items? 
Vicious circle hey! 

# no sympathy 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply