EBay keeps refunding me. I can't pay for item.

Hi. I have won an auction for some books. Everytime I pay for it the money goes through and then a few minutes it is refunded to me and the item remains unpaid for.

I have tried 4 different methods of payment and they all do the same. I have purchased other items since then with no problem.

Ebay keeps sending me notifications to pay for the item or it will be cancelled. Surely eBay can see my payment 4 times and they are refunding me. Has the seller blocked me other something?

What is going on? Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: EBay keeps refunding me. I can't pay for item.

Yes, maybe not hijacked, but the 4 negs he cancelled, he then re-listed. 

I note that this buyer pd around $26 for the set, with auction starting at 0.99c YET the seller has the next set volumes 13-20 for $86-  HUGE difference, so now I’m guessing the seller is refusing payment from the buyer and chances are, he will re-list this item with a BIN of similar price.

With regards to the 4 negs….. yes same buyer, yet 4 different purchases, that the seller strung them past  21 days….. still a huge warning flag in my books.  

I’d still be steering the ship away from this iceberg, that’s for sure! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Agreed

I think the warning buoy is clanging loud and clear to avoid this one

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I contacted Ebay customer chat and they told me this buyer has no account details to be paid into so this is why I am being refunded.

Thanks for your input guys.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I wonder if it has to do with Managed Payments? I thought so, but then I saw he has active listings...

At any rate you won't be penalized for not paying, so all is good.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply