EBay really starting to turn me away with their display options. Anyway of changing options?

EBay has made a few changes recently that are driving me nuts.

A) Streamlining search results. I don't want my results filtered by an EBay algorithm. Apparently this 'feature' can't be turned off.

B) When I chose to see a sellers other items, I get taken to the sellers store. Even when there is an option to visit store or view other items, both take you to the store. My search preferences are always price and postage lowest first but store view shows 'best match' and also in grid instead of list. I hate grid view but can't even find the option to change to list view in store mode. How to I get to view a sellers items with list view and lowest price first without have to go through multiple steps every time?

C) Is there a way to filter out search results that use GSP? I know there wasn't a while ago.

I have recently made several purchases from another global auction/sale site that have turned out well so will start buying more from them and less from EBay. Everything was fine a year ago, why did they have to think 'they know best' and change the way buyer see results with no option to turn these stupid features off? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

EBay really starting to turn me away with their display options. Anyway of changing options?

To see sellers items I go to the feedback page then sellers other items.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can change to list view and lowest price first in the dropdown menu on the right hand side of the store page.

If it's not there, then your resolution is too high - take it down to 100%

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Streamlining search results. I don't want my results filtered by an EBay algorithm. Apparently this 'feature' can't be turned off.

If eBay puts a message at the top of the results indicating that the results have been streamlined, there should also be a link to see more results:

eburtonlab_0-1657166151592.png

Use the "See more results" to bypass the streamlining. If you are using a Saved Search or a bookmark, unsave the old search, use the "See more results" link and save or bookmark the new search results to avoid the extra step next time.

You can avoid the streamlining by not using the "Lowest First" sort order, or by including the following text at the end of your search URL:

&_blrs=recall_filtering
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I'm with you sister. Ebay has forgotten their customer experience and just expects you to just go with the flow. With every search, I have to manually alter to parameters from their default, to the way I like. I've tried saving the search pattern to no avail. Now they've interfered with my summary page without any any forethought to allow us to customise it the way we like.

Every time ebay make changes supposedly for our benefit, it just makes me feel more insignificant as a user. As a consequence, I use ebay less and less. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Better never than late

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The changes the OP was complaining about over a year ago are not the changes you are seeing now

Unless it took you this long to notice them

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply