EBay services

kaixa
Community Member

I am very dissapointed with Ebay of late. I have been an EBayer for over 20 years both as a seller and a buyer.

I currently have 2 issues and to me they are major. 

Issue one  I ordered an item on the 27th August, and today 23 Sept  still nowhere in sight. Tacking has it in transit from Victoria to Sydney and has not moved since the 31st August.  I asked for a refund so as that I can re purchase elsewhere, EBay keep extending the time to resolve. The item was $217.

Item 2 was for an item I purchased that did not work at all. The cost was $47.17, the seller kept offering a refund started at $10  and ranged to $28, which I refused. finally the seller consented to the return, to which I posted the very same day with tracking to the seller. For some unknown reason it took over a week for the item to be delivered to the seller, a distance of no more then 14 klms.  Low and behold EBay closed the case before it arrived back to the seller. Tracking have told me that the item was delivered.

I NOW AWAIT A RESPONCE FROM EBAY.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

EBay services

Case 1 - Did you open a case for Not Delivered,  or did you just ask the seller?

Case 2 - What case did you open against the seller? The seller would have been obliged to issue you with a postage label with their registered address, at their cost, if they wanted the item back. If they were overseas, their only option would have been to refund. Did you send the item to an address they just gave you in a message?

If you did open the correct cases with no resolution, your next option is to open cases in Paypal as you have 180 days.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

EBay services

As  'an EBayer for over 20 years both as a seller and a buyer'  they should know how to deal with things that go awry.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

EBay services

Case 1 - They probably keep extending the time to resolve the issues because of delays. Have you opened a case with AusPost too (if you have a MyPost account) so that they can look into it? They won't be able to extend it forever though.

Case 2 - You mentioned a case - did you upload the tracking (of the parcel back to the sender)? Unfortunately AusPost does not send items directly where they are supposed to arrive, but first to a sorting centre. A few months ago I sent a letter to literally the next suburb (less than 2 km away), and it first had to travel 78 km!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

EBay services

Case 1: the item is in transit, which means the seller has sent it. Have you checked the tracking? Opened a case with the carrier?

Case 2: get onto eBay chat and tell THEM. We are only members here.

Hell will freeze over before eBay read here, and it will warm up again before you get a response.

The tools are available, as you should know with your 20 years of experience. Maybe use them.

And also realise that there is a pandemic happening. I wouldn't want to go to Sydney at the moment...

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

EBay services

@davewil1964 wrote:

Hell will freeze over before eBay read here, and it will warm up again before you get a response.

--------------------------

That has made my morning, still chuckling. Well put!😄

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

EBay services

It sounds as though eBay would be upping Styx if required to read and respond.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

EBay services

@kaixa wrote:

Issue one  I ordered an item on the 27th August, and today 23 Sept  still nowhere in sight. Tacking has it in transit from Victoria to Sydney and has not moved since the 31st August.  I asked for a refund so as that I can re purchase elsewhere, EBay keep extending the time to resolve. The item was $217.

Not sure if you have been reading the papers, watching the news,  reading updates here or on courier websites.   There is a world wide pandemic happening, and it is seriously impacting courier and Australia Post timeframes.  I've had one item slowly moving through the system,  it stays in one spot for a week, moves one jump,  stays another week, then goes again.  Have patients, and don't make the seller suffer because of issues totally outside of their control. 

Once an item leaves our warehouse (my study in my case), it is 100% outside of our control.  Even express post services are currently considered snail mail.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply