Ebay denies existance of lines in their own policy and refuses to enforce return item postage refund

Long story short a seller has manipulated the loopholes and flaws within ebay return process and tried to trick me to return an item without tracking, I returned with tracking but since the seller didnt provide me with the postage label ebay are refusing to enforce the seller to refund me the return postage amount.

this is the response from one of the morons within support:

I tried to locate this statement in our eBay Money Back Guarantee help pages and find the exact statement "After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we refund the full cost of the item and original shipping via PayPal. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount." Our policy did not state that we will cover any reasonable return postage costs if the seller hasn't facilitated return with the buyer.

The section they claim doesnt exist in the policy is written immediately after the statement they quoted above. so now I have ebay lying to me and starting to feel they are just as dodgy as the seller as all I get from ebay is misinformation, seems they wont to promote their great returns policy but dont want to enforce it

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay denies existance of lines in their own policy and refuses to enforce return item postage refund

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There have been significant changes to the wording of the policy since it's inception.

Are you using the current Australian policy or have you somehow been directed to the US policy?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Why did you return the item?

Was it faulty or didn't you want it?

If a buyer wants to return an item then the buyer needs to pay for return postage unless the seller states otherwise.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Interesting - that was originally part of eBay's Money Back Guarantee, then it disappeared, now it's back again. Smiley Frustrated

When the MBG was first introduced, the only way to get eBay to refund the return postage if the seller didn't do it voluntarily, was to either have a written agreement from the seller as to postage methods and cost (this was in place so that sellers are not whacked with ridiculous charges for return post, eg if a buyer could send as a 500gm satchel, but chooses come premium courier service that charges 10 time more), or to simply pester eBay for months on end until a reimbursement was made. 

Then they removed all that stuff in the policy pages (not just the one you've linked to, but other pages as well), regarding seller's being charged return postage costs and refused to reimburse any buyers, so it's (at thevery least) curious that it's back, but eBay don't seem to know. Curious, but not surprising, as it is common for CS reps to not be up to date with policies.  

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

the policy I was referring to was australia ebay website as per this link http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html  and its current as displayed today

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Item was returned because it was significantly not as described and thats what I selected when starting the return. I was amazed at how unhelpful ebay were they didnt even consider to assist me despite the sellers dirty tactics and not so great feedback. this is the only item I have returned in a long time having bought many so its not like I;m a serial refunder, ebay really didnt care to resolve it at all.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Now I'm surprised that ebay were no help at all,there must be something then that ebay looked at and made their decision?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Did you upload the tracking to the dispute?

Maybe go on their Facebook page and tell the story.

People have reported that they get satisfaction there.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply