Ebay expensive and delivery very slow, if at all.

aktear
Community Member

"No one is forced to buy or sell on Ebay. If a person is not happy with the website it is quite simple to not use it."

Community Ebay Jun 01 2022.

No one was forced to by IBM laptops and guess what? Now no one can!

Ebay IT'S YOUR REPUTATION THAT'S GOING DOWN THE PAN

A long, long time ago I bought a Nespresso Coffee maker. It was significantly cheaper than in the shops and it arrived so fast that I don't even remember how long it took.

Fast forward 20 years... 

I bought an ID badge printer. With postage it was slightly more expensive than Office works by about 80 cents... still they had it in stock and Officeworks didn't.

Still hasn't been delivered.

They had listed a nearby Newsagency as the delivery address.

When I checked 2 days after they final, final delivery date, the Newsagency stated "oh we always refuse to accept parcels from anybody but TOLL. No one else pays us to handle them".

It was only when I contacted the sender that anybody bothered to update the tracking. We are now 17 days past the original estimated delivery date and I don't know whether just go down to Officeworks as they now have it in stock or hang on until it inevitably get returned to sender and then go to Officeworks.

At the rate Le Send are updating their tracking system it's probably already with the vendor.... Ahhh.

And this isn't the first time Le Send have lost a package... this time I know what the issue is at least.

But if this is happening over and over again, surely they must know what the issue is.

Don't the drivers say "That blood newsagent in Ship Creek still ain't taking our packages" when they return to the Depot?

Ebay - openess and transparency. I want to know how long I have to wait for my goods.

Ebay - compensation for having to wait more than a reasonable time after the delivery date. That way Sellers will avoid half-a*sed delivery companies who just want to undercut AusPost, until Auspost dissapears and don't give a damn about the customers.

Ebay - price promise - if you find the same item in a local shop for less within the week, the difference back from vendor.

Please Ebay there are many other websites, but I've been using eBay for so long I want it to survive and flourish.

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Springy,

About 2003 was my first purchase, a brand new Nespresso machine.

Never had too many problems except until recently with delivery.

I willingly embrace all the positive improvements to eBay but...

As someone with a family member working in retail, and apart from iPhones, we're talking 40% markup from cost and they're paying for a shopping centre presence in most major towns and cities, and the sales staff too, unlike eBayers.

So when someone is charging a few dollars less than the shop price you know there's a lot of money going into the back pocket.

I will continue to use eBay for items like, a replacement windscreen for my Triumph Spitfire I once bought... but there is also Gumtree. Maybe I should just migrate to Gumtree. There you've solved my problem for me.

Much appreciated

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

bryzen
Community Member

No offence~

Have you asked your 'self'.why your spilling out?

It's understanable though,we are in a Gemini transit.

Find balance,most are going through the same transition.

Find what aligns with you in essence.

Message 2 of 57
Latest reply

eBay neither read nor respond to board posts.

You are attacking other members on the boards, not eBay.

What happened 20 years ago is irrelevant. Policies have changed many times. Like the introduction of the Money Back Guarantee protection for buyers. Really recent, only about 5 YEARS since it was introduced.

Maybe check out how to get your money back via the MBG (available on the 'Help' pages - top right on EVERY page). It would be more productive than lambasting eBay on the boards they don't read.

Message 3 of 57
Latest reply

Hi Acktear.. You could have condense all your questions and gripes by half, if it was paragraphed in a proper and easier to read manner.

I believe your write-up was directly to/against eBay. Then you have posted it in the wrong forum.

Regards

Tom 

Message 4 of 57
Latest reply

bryzen... I am sure you are trying to tell me something. Bugger if I know what. . What stone, what ego? Is this some kind of game you want me to participate in?  You were right,  Charity begins at home.  LOL

Message 5 of 57
Latest reply

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, I do know how to get my money back, this isn't my first rodeo 😉

I just wish the old eBay where things arrived in a few days, there was a significant saving and we didn't need a money back guarantee because shonky sellers got their scores shot to peices quick time could re-emerge from the rubble.

Dave, I am in no way attacking the eBay community, what a bizarre conclusion... "eBay IT'S YOUR REPUTATION THAT'S GOING DOWN THE PAN".

I don't even think I'm attacking eBay, more of a warning...  a'la IBM who invented PCs but don't make them anymore.

I might be attacking the delivery company but I do feel that they are fair game given the poor quality of their service!!!

That we sit back and say well they did thing better 20 years ago, time moves on, just accept shonky service is a bit sad. It has victim written all over it.

Anyway this was quite cathartic for me. Maybe I might strike a cord with other users who remember how good eBay used to be in the old days.

Message 6 of 57
Latest reply

Hi Tom,

Could have, didn't 🙂 enjoy

Message 7 of 57
Latest reply

Goodness, how insightful...

Just won't be ordering the the stones to my home address.

Probably wouldn't arrive...

Sorry the rest went straight over my head.

They have a saying in the army, right coordinates, wrong planet.

Message 8 of 57
Latest reply

No Offence taken...

Just a little upset that I didn't get the package I so wanted.

I remember the days when you did get the packages you wanted and at a price less than the shops.

But Bryzen I'm a Leo and I'm not doing a lot of travelling.

As for my essence usually Kouros but sometimes Paco Rabanne. I even got a compliment about my essence, a chick young enough to be my daughter, though sadly these days that's anyone under 40 😞 

Shame she wasn't a twin .... see how I steered it back to Gemini, but aligning might have been a definite  consideration even without her twin.

Message 9 of 57
Latest reply

Ah, good old nostalgia.  How I long for the good old days,  No delivery times applicable, No tracking systems available,  Pretty much no protections as most transactions requested direct bank transfer,

On second thoughts, I think I will settle for the modern ebay any day of the week.

(not my first rodeo) usually means it is!!

Message 10 of 57
Latest reply