Ebay intervention

kargell
Community Member

I am convinced Ebay don't want to intervene when there is an issue with a seller as they make the process impossible!

I have messaged the seller, who is obviously a scammer, judging by the reviews and although the amount involved is only $4, this person keeps getting away with the same sale to different people because Ebay won't remove them from the system. 

If we can't even report this person properly to Ebay, how on earth do they monitor people like this. Ebay is too big for it's boots and can't handle a simple intervention request. They make is impossible to process a request as it just goes around and around until you give up, like me, in frustration.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay intervention

Have opened a dispute but the process goes around and around. It's the escalation part that is not happening.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

The seller asked for my email address which is against Ebay's rules so how could they have sent it to me anyway? No, it's not in my emails or my junk folder.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I don't recall reading it as a digital item, I am sure it read paperback when I ordered it. I wouldn't be feeling sorry for the seller.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Reviews are for the product, not for a seller

If you thought you were being sent a book in the post and did not get it, you open an item not recieved dispute

No need to message the seller before doing so 

What did the estimated delivery date show when you bought the item?

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Oh I see, thanks for that clarification.  

I have opened a dispute saying not received and ebay asked me to message the seller, which I did twice and ebay says I can now ask them to intervene but that is the whole issue - I have followed instructions and it keeps going round and round in a circle. 

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@kargell wrote:

The seller asked for my email address which is against Ebay's rules so how could they have sent it to me anyway? No, it's not in my emails or my junk folder.

They can send the PDF through eBay messages. Though after a transaction you can swap email addresses.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@kargell wrote:

I have opened a dispute saying not received and ebay asked me to message the seller, which I did twice and ebay says I can now ask them to intervene but that is the whole issue - I have followed instructions and it keeps going round and round in a circle. 

You will likely lose the case since it was a digital download and not covered by eBay's MBG as I pointed out earlier :-

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

The original listing said "digital" in the title.

However, the seller had copied and pasted some information about the book from another site, and this information mentions "paperback", which some buyers might have found confusing. 

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply