Ebay intervention

kargell
Community Member

I am convinced Ebay don't want to intervene when there is an issue with a seller as they make the process impossible!

I have messaged the seller, who is obviously a scammer, judging by the reviews and although the amount involved is only $4, this person keeps getting away with the same sale to different people because Ebay won't remove them from the system. 

If we can't even report this person properly to Ebay, how on earth do they monitor people like this. Ebay is too big for it's boots and can't handle a simple intervention request. They make is impossible to process a request as it just goes around and around until you give up, like me, in frustration.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay intervention

@kargell wrote:

I have opened a dispute saying not received and ebay asked me to message the seller, which I did twice and ebay says I can now ask them to intervene but that is the whole issue - I have followed instructions and it keeps going round and round in a circle. 

You will likely lose the case since it was a digital download and not covered by eBay's MBG as I pointed out earlier :-

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ebay intervention

eBay only care about buyers 

Don't buy from dodgey sellers with garbage feedback , they get away with it because people choose to keep supporting them

eBay do not monitor people if buyers do not report them, it is an auotmated system

Do you really think a scmmer seller is going to respond to a message?

What was the issue and how long since you opened the appropriate dispute?

And did you follow it through before it timed out?

Or was this for the 'digital' item ?

What happened when you tried Live Chat to try and get your problem sorted?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you opened a dispute for the item you are having a problem with?  Item not received or not as described?

If it has been opened correctly and you have followed the instructions, waited the appropriate times then you should be able to escalate for ebay to step in and help.

I have never found ebay to be backward in coming forward to intervene when a buyer asks for help....they are very happy to make the seller pay up.

There does not seem to be anything too frustrating in the above steps....try it!!

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

I presume it's the seller you left the neg for :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Barefoot-Investor-The-Only-Money-Guide-by-Scott-Pape-Digital-/143651...

It clearly states in the listing that it's a digital download to a PDF (did you look in your emails for the download ?), and as such it is not covered by eBay's MBG :-

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

If you want to jump through the hoops, Paypal does cover digital downloads in their Resolution Centre.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

Poor seller has more than one neg from people who can't read that it's a digital download.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

@imastawka wrote:

Poor seller has more than one neg from people who can't read that it's a digital download.

I wonder if they normally buy audio books Stawks ?    true.gif

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

@imastawka wrote:

Agree though perhaps the seller should remove 'paperback' from item specifics and description

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

Seller has tried to circumvent the problem with a revision to the title to read 'Download'

Still hasn't helped.

They could get those negs removed, if they knew.

They're clearly unjustified

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

@imastawka wrote:

Seller has tried to circumvent the problem with a revision to the title to read 'Download'

Still hasn't helped.

They could get those negs removed, if they knew.

They're clearly unjustified

Yep, but probably only the ones from 14th July when the title revision was made Stawks.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay intervention

Normally I check the reviews before I buy but for some reason I didn't in this case. When I wrote to the scammer I wasn't aware of the situation at that stage, and of course I don't believe a scammer is going to respond to a message. However ebay require me to send them messages for the time frame they request. 

And the dispute has been open for 2 weeks and now I can't move forward because of the stupid process.

Not aware of Live Chat, will try that now.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply