Ebay postage fee.

Does anyone know when this $3.00 postage by eBay has come into circulation? I have purchased right up to a day or so ago and then last night I went to buy an item with free postage only to find it added $3.00 eBay postage to the total. To me free postage means free (built in) so the question is why has eBay decided to force sellers into applying this? Or is it just a money grab?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay postage fee.

I bought something with free postage just today and nothing was added at checkout...

Can you give us the item number?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay postage fee.

I have got the answer now. This chap has a few seller accounts and it depends where you live. It would have come from Sydney to Launceston. I went to three items with differing prices and they all did the same thing adding $3. So in effect multiple accounts and differing prices. Bit like fishing with 3 or 4 lines in the water. Get a bite eventually ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay postage fee.

Are you using the app on your phone?  The app has been mentioned before about so called free postage.

Most complaints say it's free postage, but if you use a desktop computer, the same listing will give you the postage cost.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay postage fee.

No. I finally got a reply from the seller. I was able to put him to at least 3 seller accounts and noticed one had $3.00 postage and the others were free. I cant prove he or she has multiple accounts but the answers were the same. Not a big problem really.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply