Ebay refuses to remove contact details on a sellers listing, after a year of constant reporting.

I would like to know why ebay refuses to remove a sellers listings, with hundreds of ads with all his contact details on every listing. 

Business Trading Name / Contact Number / Address

Have lost count over the year how many times have reported this seller - 

How is this fair to sellers that do the right thing? 

Why do we pay fee's that don't allow for a even playing field for other sellers that don' breach your so called policies - 

When is this going to be resolved.

Another year?

I am going to keep posting here until, I see action take place.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Ebay refuses to remove contact details on a sellers listing, after a year of constant reporting.

@sydneyclearanceonline wrote:

Do any moderators exist on this ebay forum, would love to get their input or contact them directly.

Please keep in mind the moderators have nothing to do with eBay policies.

They are not working for eBay - but Khoros - and have no interest whatsoever in your complaint.

They are more interested in your ' attitude '.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Re: Ebay refuses to remove contact details on a sellers listing, after a year of constant reporting.

- Again you are making assumptions, I actually have the proof of breach in writing and logged.  Its just the system seems to broken on occasion things don't get acted on - this is one case. 

As others and myself have pointed out, you are taking that what eBay's CS reps are saying is the truth and with them, often what they will say has no actual bearing on what is true. It's well known that they operate from scripts and not from personal knowledge of how eBay operates.

So take what they say with a VERY large grain of salt........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

Padi, I agree with you on this to a degree - support be level 1 or managers, still have rules they must obide to. 

Back in the day we had access to direct support with account managers, those days are gone - so you try your best with what you have access to... but this forum was one hell of a mistake. The posse mentality is to strong here, ....please NOTE - my issue is resolved - Will leave the knights in shing armour & queens to their kingdom.

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

I would like to know why ebay refuses to remove a sellers listings, with hundreds of ads with all his contact details on every listing. 

Judging by this comment - and yes I am judging - why would eBay ' remove a seller's listings - rather than just a warning to remove the contact info.

Perhaps you're doing it wrong. lol

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

I dont know what language you speak or understand.

Taken straight from  ebays policy on buying/selling outside ebay.

Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, blocking some or all of your messages/communication with other members, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, account suspension, application of fees, and recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

And yes it is enforced by ebay

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

If you're snarky about others putting their contact details in their ads, despite being a violation, why don't you just do it yourself? Why are you so up in arms about what others are doing? I couldn't care less about what other sellers are doing. I care about what I'm doing, and my own listings. What others do is of no interest to me.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

All appearances would suggest the seller is in breach of eBay's stated policy (there is no exemption for anchor stores, and the seller is not listing in any of the exempted categories quoted earlier, either).

But, this is the bit you need to pay attention to in the policy:

"Publishing or displaying contact information in a listing without the permission of eBay, or except as required by law, is not allowed."

They don't sell to the EU, from what I can see (if they did, the applicable DSR regulations require contact details and a physical address to be published, regardless of seller location), but for all you know they have ebay's permission - eBay will never discuss the private arrangements / account permissions of another seller with a random person, but methinks the listings and contact details remaining after years? of reporting is fairly suggestive of permission. 

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply