Ebay's New Check out no good

Ebay's checkout changed , forcing to use Patpal and making it hard to combine postage ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unless it changed in the last 48 hours it was still the same when I last paid for an item.

If the seller only offers paypal then that is the only method that you can use.....if the seller does not offer combined postage then the system will not allow it either. 

Could you post the item number here so someone can have a look for yu.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Maybe the OP is the seller lol

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If they are the seller then they may get more help on the Selling board than here on the Buying board.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

In Australia they have to offier morethan one  pay options , not allowed only Pay Pal  that's  the Law in Australia , they went to court in 2008 about that.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

OK  in Australia we have a pick up from Woolworths , if you as a seller leaves this on your Auction it changes the checkout  , aiming to pay Paypal ect .   We Must remind ebay that its not a Department Store Selling All New Item  _  that can be picked up anywhere ?

Eay made all its sucsess out of small people Auctions !  No wonder ebays going slow in sales 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You can opt out of having Click & Collect on your listings.

account > site preferences > offer click and collect > edit

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@sky5805 wrote:

In Australia they have to offier morethan one  pay options , not allowed only Pay Pal  that's  the Law in Australia , they went to court in 2008 about that.

True you don't have to offer Paypal if you offer a different safe payment method, like merchant banking (eftpos).

If you don't offer a safe payment option, you simply won't be able to list your items.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@sky5805 wrote:

Wrong I'm afraid.    Sellers can offer paypal only...that would have been ebay's preferred option but seller's fought it and won the right to offer other options as well....bank deposit, cheque, merchant credit facility, cash on pickup....virtually any legal payment method that they were comfortable with.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Lyndal is correct, you CAN offer PayPal only.

image host
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply