Endless Loop with paypal...

mar-646676
Community Member

I am having trouble processing a payment with paypal. Basically it tells me to imput my credit card info again and once i finish and click add it loads for 5 seconds then says  at the very top (Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase). I deleted my cookies and signed into paypal.com to update it that way as well.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Endless Loop with paypal...

My first computer was a Commodore 128. I was using DOS before most people knew what a computer was. Built a nifty dBase database with drop-down menus and everything. No mice back then, all keyboard.

Used 3.11 as soon as it came out, 95, XP, 7, now 8. If the newer versions were actually better than what they replace I might be less resistant to upgrading, but they're not.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Ours was a Spectra Video 128 -  about 1981.  

Waaaay too hard to programme for me, but I could make purty pictures with all those 0's and 1's

Spoiler
 Image result for dos windows cartoon joke
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I learnt Pascal on the C128.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Spoiler
 What is this?   A peeing competition?     Related image

You win     Image result for smiley bowing animated

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I had to give up Win XP kicking and screaming just a couple of months ago, after using it for 10 years (one the same computer!!). Your description of Win 10 "much prefer my computer to act like a computer, not an overgrown phone." hit the nail on the head. Sure, I'm getting used to it but it still irritates me. And what is Edge? (I use Firefox and Chrome).

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Edge is the browser that comes with Windows 10.

You'll find it in your start menu under Microsoft Edge.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I'll be giving up Windows 7 kicking and screaming... but only then.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

I'll be giving up Windows 7 kicking and screaming... but only then.

Me too.  Unfortunately it's my laptop that is getting old and worn that might compel me to upgrade (ie be stuck with Win 10) when the laptop finally gives up the ghost.

My original PC (not connected to the internet) uses XP and I'd be very reluctant to get rid of that.  Ditto Office 2003 with the old style toolbar icons.  I hate the newer style ones that came with the starter Office installed on the laptop.  I can use them but I hate them.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Most browser-related problems in this day and age are server-side, not the user's PC.

The same PayPal thing was happening on Linux/Firefox (home) and a Windows 10/Chrome library PC, friend couldn't pay off their eBay fees early (via Seller Account / one time payment) because the PayPal window was either a spinning circle or a blank window. It's working now however.
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply