Exchange rates

The exchange rate from one US dollar is $1.23 Aus yet when I had to pay postage of US $16.00 it amounted to AU$26.00. Just seems a big difference.
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Exchange rates

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Michelle, the seller is using First Class Airmail and the combined shipping is US$16.75.  If the seller adds tracking that will be more and when paypal gives yout the approximate exchange rate it is just the straight exchange rate.  When you actually pay through paypal they build their fees into the rate so it will be more again.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Exchange rates

I thought it did it automatically ? Ask the seller is that correct. What is the item number ?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

Item no is: 301410307245
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

But I bought two.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

My guess is that the seller is using the Global Shipping Program which incurs extra charges which don't show in the actual listing.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

21.70us is approx 26.70AU but paypal do not give you the official rate they are always a few cents less.
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

Are they not available here in Aust. As mentioned, the Seller uses GSP. ๐Ÿ˜ž  IMO they  ( GSP ) are useless

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

it says in the listing
US $12.75 (approx. AU $15.72) USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Michelle, the seller is using First Class Airmail and the combined shipping is US$16.75.  If the seller adds tracking that will be more and when paypal gives yout the approximate exchange rate it is just the straight exchange rate.  When you actually pay through paypal they build their fees into the rate so it will be more again.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Exchange rates

My mistake h b h. ooops getting late ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply