FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

eBay need to stop these sellers selling 100% FAKE Apple Air pods. The sellers claim that they are genuine but they are not. The only thing that is genuine is the serial numbers they use in their description.  Received my air pods pro and they did look genuine until I went to change the silicone ear pieces...they would just fall off...noise cancellation did not work etc...I was scammed by some low life...! The Seller would not respond to my messages.  I immediately lodged a complaint with eBay to deal with this low life seller as the item was all of a sudden delisted...wonder why!....ebay was extremely helpful at this point. They kindly refunded all the money under their Buyer Protection as the buyer would not respond to any of my messages...eBay sent me a Return to Sender Label and covered all postage costs.

WARNING...do not buy cheap Apple Airpods pro as they are more than likely FAKE but listed as being genuine...Buyers Beware

Hope the above helps.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

lynsh84
Community Member

Apple does not sell discounted items.....if your item was less than RRP they were never going to be genuine.

Most of the regulars here know that.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

And how are Ebay supposed to know they are fake without having someone go out to each seller and check them.

Realistically a sensible buyer would realise anything like this on Ebay could be fake,  and avoid purchase.   But that is asking buyers to take responsibility for their own actions, far easier to blame Ebay.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

Many warnings about the fake 'airpods' that are already posted here don't put people off...........maybe this will be the one that does the trick

Or not

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

@sandypebbles wrote:

Many warnings about the fake 'airpods' that are already posted here don't put people off...........maybe this will be the one that does the trick

Doubt it, there is another sucker born everyday.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A warning would be better on the seller's feedback, rather than here.

But I see no such warning in your feedback left for others.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

You buy a lot of stuff from Chinese sellers, I'm surprised you think they were genuine in any way, shape or form.

There isn't a seller out there who sells anything genuine Apple, unless they are an authorised distributor.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

It is always good to have another warning posted here, as the members can point out example threads like this to people coming here for advice about "Do you think such-and-such is genuine even though they are such a good price?"

The truth is... significantly lower than recommended retail price is almost guaranteed to be fake.

Buying brand name items from Chinese eBay sellers (especially electronic items) is frought with difficulties.

I don't say that every single Chinese eBay seller of such items is selling fakes, but the likelihood is high.

Buyers must get rid of the following notions if they want to avoid being taken for a ride with fakes on eBay:

• The item will be cheaper on eBay because of the seller's lower overheads.
  • The item will be cheaper coming from China because the ones from the Australian distributor are a lot more expensive than the genuine ones made for the Asian market.
  • The item will be cheaper coming from the eBay seller because they've been able to cut out the middleman.
  • Australian sellers (big name shops) mark up the item hugely and they're ripping me off; therefore the price on eBay from Chinese sellers is the "real" price I should be paying.
  • I can't afford the shop price so I will pay a much lower price from an unknown online seller and of course I will get the genuine product.
  • I don't care if the item is genuine. The non-brand item is based on the original and it's just as good. *
  • The seller's feedback is over 90%. That's A plus! They must be a good seller! **
  • There are lots of positive feedback comments. ***

* Fake items have no name to protect, and they are made by people who don't respect Intellectual Property rights. They churn out these fakes like sausages, and there is zero accountability about the safety standard, risk in using, use of raw materials as required for the purpose, longevity and safety of the item. You risk the safety of any items connected to the fake item, the safety of any items in the vicinity of the fake item, the house in which the fake item is being used, injury or death to you and your loved ones... and of course your insurance will be voided if damage is caused by an electronic item that is non-compliant with Australian safety standards. If it's a Chinese fake, that is par for the course.

** For a large volume seller, I and many others on eBay would not consider lower than 99.5% feedback "good". That is due to the way in which eBay calculates that percentage score.

*** Most people leave feedback upon receiving the item and perhaps using it minimally. They are unlikely to put the item through its paces, and these fakes are designed to fool for a month, 2 months, 3 months... and probably not much longer than that. By the time most people REALISE that the item is a fake and not up to spec and has failed, it's past the feedback timeframe. You will get a better picture by clicking onto the link in the seller's feedback which displays just the negative feedback; if there is a consistent problem, that's where you're likely to see the pattern emerging.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

Aaaaagh, typographical error! Fraught, fraught, fraught!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

FAKE Apple Airpods Pro

Screenshot_1.png

 This is not genuine. Please do not even try. 

No answer or refund from seller once you realise this is fake. 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply