False Postage Confirmation

Hi there,
I purchased from a Sydney store 3 weeks ago now for delivery about 80km north. After purchasing it took a week to send which I had no issue with, however now it is now 2 weeks since this sent date and still no sign. Looking through the large number of feedback negatives it appears as if this seller marks as "sent" to keep customers happy before waiting another couple of weeks before sending. Is there restrictions or rule to this?
I should also note that they set their estimated delivery up to two months so no buyer is than able to lodge any formal eBay complaint of the package not arriving.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

there might be soemthing you can do through them, as their cutoff point is 180 days

I have never made a claim via Paypal though, so I am not sure how/what to do

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

There'll be a link on the left hand side for the resolution centre.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

did you pay by paypal?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I did
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

there might be soemthing you can do through them, as their cutoff point is 180 days

I have never made a claim via Paypal though, so I am not sure how/what to do

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

There'll be a link on the left hand side for the resolution centre.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the seller is doing at all.

And the policy is with eBay 30 days from the estimated date of arrival and PayPal 180 days.

It's not from when they send it.

So you will always have the chance to open a claim.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

My issue was the fact I can't even lodge a refund through the way they operate their store which defeats the purpose if I receive the item I was needing last week finally arrives 2 months after purchase. And although legally I assume no wrong doing, there is something wrong with running a store with the intention of not following up on orders for 6 weeks but leading customers to believe it is on their way.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You can open a dispute in paypal 10 seconds after paying for the item....there is no restrictions at all on how soon it can be done.

It sounds like your seller is dropshipping from overseas if he has a long handling time.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply