Fastway / Aramex free zone DONT USE, yet another winge and the saga continues

Fastway on the Gold Coast  or its owners have a freight forwarding operation (STC) running and usually use the con note starting with MP800

this scam allows out of country  sellers to claim to be local, as they have no stock as I have found on several occasions a month wait is the normal  shortest time line , ebay is aware of this scam and is not dealing with it 

They the seller  claim to send australia post in the advertising and use their logo   but the con note is fastway,

Fastway denies in a complaint reply that the forwarding operation is theirs

So my question is how do we sort out who are the good local sellers

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Simples - check where the seller is registered.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You could try looking at the seller's feedback.

The last seller you left a neg had 582 other negs... I would not have bought from them.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Nothing more simple

Check feedback before buying 

When you choose to buy from sellers who have many hundreds of negs, of course you are going to have issues 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You are aware you are posting on a public forum.  Might pay to research your legal responsibility, especially as you have been advised by the company you name, that they are not associated.

Hardly likely that any freight/mail facility will actually be related to the seller.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You have been a member for a long time.  Do you not check feedback prior to purchases?  That is the 1st thing most people do.  It is amazing what you will see there,

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@jpkmba4880 wrote:

Fastway on the Gold Coast  or its owners have a freight forwarding operation (STC) running and usually use the con note starting with MP800

this scam allows out of country  sellers to claim to be local, as they have no stock as I have found on several occasions a month wait is the normal  shortest time line , ebay is aware of this scam and is not dealing with it 

They the seller  claim to send australia post in the advertising and use their logo   but the con note is fastway,

Fastway denies in a complaint reply that the forwarding operation is theirs

So my question is how do we sort out who are the good local sellers

I know some courier services are sometimes slow, but that is beside the point.

There are a few ways you can cover yourself so you have a good experience.

1. Check the estimated arrival date of whatever you are buying. If it is located in Australia and if you are in a main city or suburb, the delivery date should not be more than about 10 days off. If you're looking at a month's wait, be suspicious.

2. Check the feedback that has been given to the seller, especially the negs and neutrals. Is there a pattern? Have several people complained that delivery took forever and they suspect drop shipping or whatever? Or does it seem as if a lot of sales get cancelled? If you're seeing a lot of comments like this, click out and look elsewhere to buy.

3. Check where the seller is located. If the ad says the item is in Qld but the seller is located in China or elsewhere, well, they may have supplies here in a warehouse, they may be a reliable seller, it is possible, but for sure you won't be supporting an Australian business.

And lastly, if you buy from someone and the estimated delivery date passes, it doesn't matter which delivery service the seller was using. Open a claim with ebay for item not received. There is no reason for you to wait a month if the delivery was due weeks earlier. In fact you'd be mad to. Open a claim and don't close it till you have your refund.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply