Faulty Shoes

I purchased a pair of Salomon shoes on 20th February for hockey. The first round of hockey was April 6, I purchased them early to have them in time. The stitching on the shoes broke I think May 11 when I was putting them on. I messaged the seller on May 14, sent pictures and requested a replacement as they are faulty.

They replied they cant refund or exchange as its been more than 30days since I received them and offered to send another pair if I paid them at a slightly reduced price. 

Is this right? The product was faulty and broke after being worn 6 times. They have since broken even more and cant be worn so I have to throw them away. Am I entitled to a replacement?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Faulty Shoes

Ebay's MBG is only 30 days but if you paid with PayPal you have 180 days to open a case.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

Did you purchase then from a Chinese/Asian seller? If you did, then they were probably fakes and poor quality. You could try and open a dispute through PayPal for item not as described, but as they arrived intact, it's an each way bet whether you would win or not. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

You could also try emailing a complaint to the company who manufactures them

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

Salomon shoes are sold in Australia and are of quality so if OP did purchase them from over seas then they're probably fake.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

The shoes came from China, so definitely would be fakes. Interestingly, the seller currently only has men's Salomon shoes listed. They say Salomon in the title, but the item specifics say they are unbranded. The OP has fallen for the oldest trick in the book. Looked at the title and the price and that was it. Probably a $70 lesson learned the hard way unfortunately.

OP, I would still try for a PayPal dispute. Given it's a Chinese seller, they will try to convince you that you need to close the dispute before they can refund. Don't do it. Do not close the dispute until you either have a refund, or PayPal closes it themselves. Once it's closed, it can't be reopened. If you close it early, you'll never hear from the seller again. They may also try to offer you a partial refund. Probably in the vicinty of $5.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

Yep, Chinese seller with 99.2% feedback. One feedback for these shoes says cheap knock off. More than one neutral (negative comments) for these shoes!
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

Good work, I did'nt have time to take a look and check

Ignore my reply then, OP as the company won't help if the product is an Asian knock off

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

I know they were fake, I didnt fall for anything, I know how much real ones are.

I have purchased these shoes for $40 previously and they lasted three seasons of hockey so I had no issue buying another pair. I have gone back to the first pair I purchased, the laces are fraying but they are ok for now till I buy another pair.

I bought through paypal so will try a dispute with them, thanks!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Faulty Shoes

This seller has only been around since last year so the fakes you bought last time would most likely be different to the fakes you bought this time, which means you were taking a chance buying them.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply