Feedback Fiasco

3macca7
Community Member

ebayers

Once again a Buyer has not paid me and refused to respond so I open a Case and ebay refunds my fees BUT

NOW I CANNOT LEAVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THAT BUYER OR THAT TRANSACTION SO SHE RETAINS HER RUBBISH 100% RATING?

This is why I keep saying that ebay itself is a huge scam which protects the scammers and punishes the innocent good guys.

Is there a way to overcome this and leave true feedback about the non-payers?

Mike.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Feedback Fiasco

@cq_tech wrote:
Agreed, but not only that, I signed just one petition and now they're spamming me silly! ๐Ÿ˜ž

I think there's somewhere in the settings where you can turn the spam off. I'll have a look later, I'm about to head out for awhile.

You mean to say you are not interested in fighting for  someone who's neighbours built a new fence which is a colour they don't like? Shame, shame on you!!!

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Yeah, I'm a bit of a selfish bugger in that regard. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

what trouble is that?

How can Ebay possibly  cause "trouble" for anyone? 

Policy breaches and defects recorded against an account can certainly cause what I would consider trouble, being suspended permenantly from selling on ebay is not exactly what any seller would want.

Back in the long lost days when sellers could leave negs for buyers if sellers came to the boards asking what to do about non payers they were usually advised to go through the unpaid item process to get their fees back and NOT to leave a neg for the buyer. It did a buyer's account no harm and usually resulted i a retaliatory neg which could have an impact on the seller's account if it happened often.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

"Back in the long lost days when sellers could leave negs for buyers if sellers came to the boards asking what to do about non payers they were usually advised to go through the unpaid item process to get their fees back and NOT to leave a neg for the buyer"

Not true!

Originally when non paying bidders could leave negative feedback after a dispute was closed and when sellers came to the boards asking for advice about a non payer, the advice was generally to open an Unpaid Item Dispute and if the buyer didn't pay, leave factual negative feedback eg: โ€˜Non paying bidder. Final value fee grantedโ€™

Sellers who had opened and closed an Unpaid Item Dispute but who didnโ€™t want to leave negative feedback were humiliated on the boards and accused of protecting their own feedback.

Ebay then changed the system.

If a non payer didnโ€™t respond through the dispute or if they responded through the dispute with just  a dot or anything that indicated they wouldnโ€™t be paying, and if the dispute closed giving the buyer a strike, any feedback left by the non payer had the rating removed.

The comment remained with a note underneath from ebay:

Rating withdrawn by eBay

Buyer didn't respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

"Ebay then changed the system.

If a non payer didnโ€™t respond through the dispute or if they responded through the dispute with just  a dot or anything that indicated they wouldnโ€™t be paying, and if the dispute closed giving the buyer a strike, any feedback left by the non payer had the rating removed.

The comment remained with a note underneath from ebay:

Rating withdrawn by eBay

Buyer didn't respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction"

Thanks for the above Mobile63 - Is that still the current situation? I cannot see that in the Feedback of my bidder who failed to pay?

If it is not current policy then I wonder what is?

I am just so annoyed at these non-payers who have cost me hundreds of dollars from honest second bidders.

Mike.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Yes, non payers are annoying, but they certainly haven't cost you money, because you still have the item. You could always offer a second chance to the 2nd highest bidder. Some still accept after 8 days.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

You might think it hasn't cost me money but I can assure you it has on several occasions now.

For example the non-payer defaulted on his bid when the value of a recently released Victoria Cross history coin was at its peak and by the time I gave him a week to respond then found out how to lodge a dispute to reclaim my ebay fees and finally got to relist it and sell it the market had been swamped and the value had dropped by around $300! And for an old pensioner like me that hurt.

Have had similar experiences with buyers accepting my buy it now price and then finally managing to sell at much lower auction prices and so I consider that a loss too because many buyers refuse to bid or bid lower on relisted items knowing that the sellers are more desperate.

Everyone welcome to look at my current listings for sale of course ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Hmmm......you sell stuff I like to buy ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Considering the mood you're in now do you think it would be wise to leave feedback for the buyer? Buyers can get ebay to remove abusive feedback

Buyers can only have positive feedback and all it really does is give a record of thinsgs they've bought

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

You are missing the whole point of my original post and that is that eBay Feedback is a Fiasco and should be improved so that it truly reflects the behaviour of good and bad Buyers & Sellers.

It has nothing to do with my mood it has everything to do with morally good business practices and in my opinion eBay DO NOT OPERATE IN AN HONEST OPEN AND MORAL MANNER.

It seems like lots of users agree with me via these discussion and other forums however we have not yet agreed on the best way to force eBay to lift their game.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply