Feedback System Failure

m-i-c-k
Community Member

ebay will most likely remove this! But here goes....

I have been discussing with ebay the point of their feed back system if they don't test it for misleading players?

On the 1st of December, I blogged about a eBay Rip off: i_love_bargain who didn't deliver the item I ordered more then a month before which ended with myself leaving negative feedback. Well maybe not! The seller later provided a postage tracking number to ebay and ebay removed the feedback I left because the item was marked "delivered" on their system!!!!

On checking the tracking details provided by i_love_bargain with Australia Post, my item was delivered to an address in North Melbourne. That would be fine if I lived at the address! I live 10km north in Glenroy!

System Weakness!

On investigation, this points out a weakness in the ebay system, that if you provide any valid tracking number, say from some other customers delivery to ebay's delivery tracking system the item is marked as delivered. The lack of vetting is outstanding and leads me to think how insecure ebay's system is if they didn't do the background checks for something so simple.

In my case this weakness led to my negative feedback being removed and consequently ebay became a platform for misleading others by nulling feedback, Awesome ey!

I have put this to ebay, they said I was no longer entitled to a ebay money back guarantee!! I never asked for a refund in my message to them... Well scripted monkeys???

To date, ebay have not expressed interest in closing their weakness that leaves all users vulnerable to attack.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Feedback System Failure

Try a threat of going to the Ombudsman or the ACCC, that sometimes works. Also learn from your mistake, ebay is best for an item not as described dispute but you are invariably better off opening a Paypal dispute for item not received.

In ebay's world if an item is delivered within 30k of your address they seem to think that is good enough, with Paypal any tracking must show it is was sent to your suburb at least. They are also much better to deal with on the phone especially if you ask to speak to a manager if the first person does not agree with you.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

m-i-c-k
Community Member

--UPDATE--

I can't go on, this is just to funny and ebay's the joke!

Upon checking on the tracking information, it shows delivered within your area. I would advise you to contact the shipping company which is Australia Post to inquire about the delivery of the item or where exactly in your area they delivered the item. If you can provide us a documentation from Australia post that the item has indeed been delivered outside your area, or different from what the tracking information shows, then we would be able to reinstate the feedback you left for this seller if proven that the seller provided a false tracking number.

I trust this information answers your query. Thank you and have a good day.

Warm regards,

Patricia B.
eBay Customer Service

@m-i-c-k wrote:

ebay will most likely remove this! But here goes....

I have been discussing with ebay the point of their feed back system if they don't test it for misleading players?

On the 1st of December, I blogged about a eBay Rip off: i_love_bargain who didn't deliver the item I ordered more then a month before which ended with myself leaving negative feedback. Well maybe not! The seller later provided a postage tracking number to ebay and ebay removed the feedback I left because the item was marked "delivered" on their system!!!!

On checking the tracking details provided by i_love_bargain with Australia Post, my item was delivered to an address in North Melbourne. That would be fine if I lived at the address! I live 10km north in Glenroy!

System Weakness!

On investigation, this points out a weakness in the ebay system, that if you provide any valid tracking number, say from some other customers delivery to ebay's delivery tracking system the item is marked as delivered. The lack of vetting is outstanding and leads me to think how insecure ebay's system is if they didn't do the background checks for something so simple.

In my case this weakness led to my negative feedback being removed and consequently ebay became a platform for misleading others by nulling feedback, Awesome ey!

I have put this to ebay, they said I was no longer entitled to a ebay money back guarantee!! I never asked for a refund in my message to them... Well scripted monkeys???

To date, ebay have not expressed interest in closing their weakness that leaves all users vulnerable to attack.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Don't forget to fill out the survey about your recent experience dealing with customer service, when it arrives! In particular, "tell us about your experience with Patricia B". I love those surveys. Last time they sent one and threw the usual stupid questions at me, they then asked about my experience with the CSO I'll call Mary A. When they asked about Mary A's performance, I wrote "I can't speak for Mary A as I had no dealings with her, I spoke with Phil G. I'm sure Mary A is probably a nice sheila. Phil G on the other hand was a complete drongo". I don't think they know what a drongo is in the Philippines! 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

I think they might work out what a drongo is from the tone of your answer....at least they would realise it was not very complimentary.Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

The lasy survey was really weird. I had dealt with 3 different CSO's, but none of them rated a mention in the survey. It was a complete unknown name who I'd not dealt with. That's why i gave them a stupid answer!

Back to the topic, I read the OP's blog and it seems the item was supposed to be sent SOD. I'd be wanting to know who the heck signed for it. Surely the scanner would have a record of who signed for it? The scanner that my postie uses is a bit dodgy and a few times my signature hasn't gone in properly. He's had to ask me to redo it a few times. If nothing else, the OP would be able to say that it wasn't his signature that went in the scanner. I don't know if that would help his cause, but certainly worth looking into.

Plus, if the seller had commenced an inquiry with AP, why didn't it show up on the tracking like they normally do? I think the seller sounds a bit dodgy.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Not much you can tell me about the shortcomings of the AP scanners Tippy.

AP foisted the new ones on StarTrack with insufficient instruction and they have been a disaster at times.  They regularly "lose" information or barcodes cannot be read and everything has to be entered by hand.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

@*tippy*toes* wrote:
Back to the topic, I read the OP's blog and it seems the item was supposed to be sent SOD. I'd be wanting to know who the heck signed for it. Surely the scanner would have a record of who signed for it? The scanner that my postie uses is a bit dodgy and a few times my signature hasn't gone in properly. He's had to ask me to redo it a few times. If nothing else, the OP would be able to say that it wasn't his signature that went in the scanner. I don't know if that would help his cause, but certainly worth looking into.

Plus, if the seller had commenced an inquiry with AP, why didn't it show up on the tracking like they normally do? I think the seller sounds a bit dodgy.

The tracking number is for a North Melbourne address and not my address so Auspost can't give me any information.

The seller i_love_bargain willn't look into it, They are flat out giving me a fake tracking number.

Ebay have washed their hands.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Lodge a report with the Postal Industry Ombudsman. If nothing else, they might be able to find out for you where it went and who signed for it.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply