Feedback aint what it used to be

I just bought an item which was the wrong one and got dreadful service trying to replace it which is still yet to happen so, quite reasonably I thought , I left negative feedback for the company .  It was posted when I wrote it but has since vanished . Is this common now that if you don't like the feedback you are given you just ask eBay to delete it?

Message 1 of 74
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Did   you  upload   the   tracking   into   the   dispute   or    not?

And   what   does   the   tracking   say?

Simple questions asked for members to be able to help you.

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 74
Latest reply

@missbelz15 wrote:

He originally promised to send out the replacement item as soon as the return postal label was activated but didn't . He then changed his mind and was prepared to act only after receiving the returned item and also lied again about not being advised of the return item being sent .

One of his repeated lies  included how he had tried to phone me  several times . Seeing as I never gave him my phone number that would have been somewhat unlikely.

As per digi, 99.9% of my invoices show the buyers telephone number.

If I feel a buyer is bothersome or just the slightest bit dodgy, I insist on a return, before either sending a refund or replacement. 

You will be surprised at the the number who when asked to return an item, suddenly say no it's all good I'll keep it, and you never hear from them again.  I wonder why?

View solution in original post

Message 64 of 74
Latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

did you follow the rules for providing feedback?

Message 2 of 74
Latest reply

I have no idea what the rules are I simply reported what happened .

Message 3 of 74
Latest reply

Clearly, concisely and not in any abusive way.

Message 4 of 74
Latest reply

Did you mention refunds or disputes or delays (apparently they know also delete feedback mentioning delays)?

Message 5 of 74
Latest reply

@missbelz15 wrote:

I have no idea what the rules are I simply reported what happened .

So what happened?

Your OP says you "just" bought the item.

Message 6 of 74
Latest reply

That was probably it papermoon.lady, I did mention,among other things  a delay . Ebay doesn't like negative feedback floating around do they ? They stopped negative feedback for buyers ages ago and now it seems they are doing their best to stop it for sellers too . This is a shame as I use sellers' feedback all the time when buying things . It is the first thing I check after the price and often pay more to get the same item from a seller with better feedback . If clever sellers know how to get rid of negative feedback it undermines the whole system of feedback doesn't it?

Message 7 of 74
Latest reply

Usually no, unless registered in China a very high volume seller, it is not usually removed

Usually, eBay do not give a rats about 'ordinary sellers' 

The mention of delay is 99% likely the issue, especially since buyers are well aware of postage delays due to Covid/strikes/etc etc (you just need to look at all the banners on the home page for a very small example)

So, what I am saying is  they (ebay) *may* have set up a bot where if the word delay is used it feedback, it is auto removal, regardless of what the delay was about or every other thing that happened (removed based on one word alone)

You could possibly get the feedback re-instated if you contact eBay

I don't think it would have been removed if you had said something along the lines of  'sent the wrong item and provided zero customer service'

Message 8 of 74
Latest reply

Apparently once feedback is removed it cannot even be left again leaving out what was against the rules...

Message 9 of 74
Latest reply

Oh dang. I thought it could be reinstated upon request in some cases. depending on what CS you got hold of

Sorry

Message 10 of 74
Latest reply