Fixed price or auction for babies & kids clothes

Just wondering if any of you who buy babies or children's clothes could tell me whether you prefer auction or buy it now fixed price. I can see advantages & disadvantages in both. TIA

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Not a buyer of said items.

Well if you list as BIN you can have the listing up for 30 days giving you more free listings every month.

Secondly I think many buyers don't want to wait for an auction to finish especially with women often impulse buying.

Provided your prices are good, I would go for BIN.

Then you can use the send to online auction function for items slow in selling and see if they sell in an auction.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@merfar2107 wrote:

Just wondering if any of you who buy babies or children's clothes could tell me whether you prefer auction or buy it now fixed price. I can see advantages & disadvantages in both. TIA

I occasionally buy babies or children's clothing (for grandkids).

I probably prefer buy it now as then I know where I am with it but it isn't the format that sways me, it is the item.

I know you didn't ask specifically but my advice would be if you want to sell, make small bundles-maybe between 4-6 items, but make sure they are in good condition and reasonable brands. Extra special items, list separately.

Be sensible with pricing.

If you have fixed price & something doesn't sell, you could always relist with make an offer. Sometimes I see items listed and think-I like it but it is a bit more than I think it is worth, so I don't bid. But if someone puts make an offer, then I feel i can.. make an offer.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply