Following on from my previous thread...

Today I was able to leave feedback for the seller I have been experiencing difficulties with, and also a few others. I wonder if there was some kind of glitch that they fixed on my account that was stopping me from seeing items that needed f/b. 

I left f/b as appropriate, she responded, and I responded back. I have just received a new message via the eBay messaging system. 

How exactly should I proceed with this? She has a point, she does have my address, and I live only about 20 minutes from her. From her profile picture on facebook (which I looked up ? yesterday), she is young and has attitude. I have 5 children to protect, including one that is disabled.

She is lying even in her message to me above. I was standing in her garage when I made yet another call to her, which again went unanswered. by the time I left the last message that you can see above, I was starting to get frustrated. The scant communication I had was not enough to give me reason to believe that she would be home previously. We then communicated by text, and she said she would leave it out. I went there, and as I figured, it was another wasted trip. I messaged her asking where she had left the item, and that is when the insults and threats started coming in thick and fast.

This whole experience is appalling. If eBay does remove the feedback I left her, then there is no point in leaving feedback for anyone. How can you believe another persons lovely clean record if eBay removes negative feedback given. I note also that her false positive feedback on my page is still there despite assurances that it would be removed. They did say that it "may take up to 24 hours", which is not too far off. 

I have reported the message she sent (as above). Hopefully that is enough to allow eBay powers that be see what this seller is about.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Following on from my previous thread...

Budget, I have sent you a PM.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

@onabudget$ wrote:
Lyndal, I have spent ages trying all manner of options, but it does not give me the option to call. I am frustrated about it, and am figuring that I may well close my account and shop elsewhere. If it is this difficult to make contact and get help over a problem like this, then it is not an organisation that I wish to deal with.

Try this, click the Help & Contact link in the page header

contact header.JPG

On the following screen grab you will see the links at the bottom are greyed out.  You need to click one of the help topics to get to the phone number to call

help and contact 1.JPG

Then you will see this

contact eBay 3.JPG

then you will be given the phone number

contact eBay 4a.jpg

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you for the wonderful graphic illustrations. (sincerely)

Sadly, I have tried exactly as you state, but as I have said before, the Option 2: Call eBay is greyed out, and I am not able to select it at all, any time, period.

Oh, and don't mind me with my wonderful idea of "uninstalling eBay from my computer". I was driving along today, (on my way to another eBay pickup), and mulling all manner of things over. Suddenly I realised that you can't "uninstal" ebay from your computer. Derrrrrr. Must have been having a moment when I thought up that great idea. Lol. No wonder Master 8 thinks he should be teaching me computers....

Now, I think I need to change my eBay username if I am to keep this account going. (I changed my old username (acct closed) once before on a silly ?Saturday night whim, and changed it to something a bit naughty, well, probably a fair bit naughty, thinking I could change it back after an hour or two - this was back in around 2009/10. Turned out I could not. Caused all sorts of dramas. Fox, Phorum, I wonder if you remember this? Well, anyway, getting back to now, my current username is no reflection on my financial state, but a reference to the federal budget that was being discussed while I was setting up this account. I went with the $ sign on the end, so when I won auctions, people would see that they had been "beaten" by O...$. (I am easily amused) So, anyway, if I am going to be on the forums here and there again, I need a better name than budget. Lol Tis really hard to find something good that is not already taken though. 

Happy Mothers Day to all you beautiful Mums out there reading this. To the men folk: Kiss your Mama (and/or your babies Mama) and tell her you love her. A kiss/hug from my babies is all I want. 

xoxo

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

Did you try the link I sent you via a private message?

Edited to add: no point trying at the moment because the call centre is closed. Try around lunchtime tomorrow.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Hi Sheep, I have been busy today, but will try on Monday. Thank you. 🙂
Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

If you are getting what is shown below then I would just try at different times of the day.  This is how it looked to me a few minutes ago when I did the same thing that I did earlier and was able to get the phone number.

contact 5.JPG

Look at the times that are in the next pic.  I notice that many of your posts on this thread are outside of those times, when the call centre is not pen to Australian members. Try during these times shown by the big red arrow.

contact eBay 6.jpg

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

What browser are you using?   If you are using IE it might be an idea to change to Firefox or Chrome as they are much more ebay friendly.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you Lyndal. I am using Safari on a piece of fruit computer. Robot Indifferent

I am practically computer illiterate. (Well, not quite that bad, but I see my children's supremacy in this area looming large).

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Trying to contact ebay isn't always easy. I know I have had real trouble in the past, trying to find links to numbers etc. They don't make it easy.

As for your ebay username. Why not leave it the same?
Other bidders can't see it but sellers will and if you 'make an offer', well, a name like that might work in your favour more than something like 'oodles of money'.
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Seems eBay has finally come to the party. I received a message today which stated that the false positive has been removed due to the violation of policy. I checked her feedback, and the feedback I left is still there.

I never did get to the bottom of why I am not able to call as I have been too busy to chase it up. 

Thank you everyone for the comments etc. Love chatting here, and wish I had more time to do so more often, but will pop my head in from time to time.

Jenn Woman Happy

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply