Following on from my previous thread...

Today I was able to leave feedback for the seller I have been experiencing difficulties with, and also a few others. I wonder if there was some kind of glitch that they fixed on my account that was stopping me from seeing items that needed f/b. 

I left f/b as appropriate, she responded, and I responded back. I have just received a new message via the eBay messaging system. 

How exactly should I proceed with this? She has a point, she does have my address, and I live only about 20 minutes from her. From her profile picture on facebook (which I looked up ? yesterday), she is young and has attitude. I have 5 children to protect, including one that is disabled.

She is lying even in her message to me above. I was standing in her garage when I made yet another call to her, which again went unanswered. by the time I left the last message that you can see above, I was starting to get frustrated. The scant communication I had was not enough to give me reason to believe that she would be home previously. We then communicated by text, and she said she would leave it out. I went there, and as I figured, it was another wasted trip. I messaged her asking where she had left the item, and that is when the insults and threats started coming in thick and fast.

This whole experience is appalling. If eBay does remove the feedback I left her, then there is no point in leaving feedback for anyone. How can you believe another persons lovely clean record if eBay removes negative feedback given. I note also that her false positive feedback on my page is still there despite assurances that it would be removed. They did say that it "may take up to 24 hours", which is not too far off. 

I have reported the message she sent (as above). Hopefully that is enough to allow eBay powers that be see what this seller is about.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Oooops, just realised you can't see the message I sent her. I first tried to copy the whole page, but it did not let me. My message to her from Monday early states: I have made attempts to contact you which have gone unanswered. You cannot expect a person to turn up on your doorstep without confirmation from you that you will be home. I will be in the area again tomorrow if you can confirm that you will be home and I will pick it up."
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

You have done the right thing & we can all see the seller....good luck...don't take no for an answer
Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Also you should report the seller for leaving a false positive feedback.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

I would probably pop down the cop shop too and let them know just incase she does do something stupid.

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Was beaten to the mark here, YES, stop by your Local Police Station, and ask for a Female Police Officer, or a Female Community Services Officer, ...they are both very good at dealing with this sort of "threat" ...l know where you live, from a female input, they will help you.  Please make SURE THAT YOU TAKE ALL YOUR FACTUAL facts and such with you. You need to show both sides of the issue/case. All the best. Stay strong mother of 5.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

She sounds like a real charmer. If she's young, I'm surprised she didn't issue a death threat as that seems to be a given for disgruntled, young, keyboard warriors.

Definitely take a copy of the message to the police, just to be safe. She sounds like a complete nutjob and not knowing her, she could be capable of anything.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you all. This is why I came here in the first place. She has been difficult from the start.

Most times you can delicately work your way to a solution with a pick up, even when the seller is not really keen on parting with the item (as I have experienced in the past - and saw another thread about on here just recently from a seller that had changed his/her mind about wanting to sell).

A while ago I posted about a new seller that wanted more money after the auction ended. In that instance, with your help, we managed through careful and diplomatic explanation of how eBay works to have a successful outcome. I think I called that thread "seller wants more money", but I am not sure. More recently another seller made it impossible to arrange pick up, and told me her listing was against eBay policy. I knew it was a complete lie. The seller was unhappy about the sale price in that instance too. (.99c). I left my first ever negative feedback, but the seller did not leave feedback for me to my knowledge.

Getting back to the case at hand, I am still gobsmacked. I never would have behaved this way at any point in my life. Sure I was young, and yes - I did silly things for a laugh, but they were never mean, nasty or threatening.  My eldest is 13, the youngest is 6. My beautiful special needs child is 8. I worry about what the future holds for them all. So much. I purchased the item in question to provide more options for giving them healthy foods. Certainly not for our family to be threatened. 

I am worried that if I go to the Police, and they contact her, that she may be more inclined to act against us. I have the evidence on my phone, and now on eBay, and I won't be deleting it. I also think the Police may find it too petty to deal with. What is very scary to me, is probably very mundane to them. People make threats all the time without acting on them. For the receiving party, it is very scary, in case it is acted on, but the majority of cases are probably just words. 

I really want eBay to leave the feedback that I left for her on her profile for all to see. I want the false positive on mine removed. (Oh, and I want a darned food slicer to chop things really finely for my particularly fussy eater!!!) 🙂

I am going to sleep on it all tonight. Tis late, I'm tired, and perhaps the morning will bring with it some clarity, and I will arrive at a decision about whether to go to the Police or not. Any further comments/advice are welcome. 

Good night all, and happy chatting/debating/solving/learning etc that we all do in communities like these.

J xxx

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

leave it be. don't pour gas on the flames.
Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Her threatening email would not have bothered me as I would not have read it. Once a trading partner does the wrong thing and refuses to rectify the problem I ignore them completely, I don't contact them and I certainly don't waste my time reading anything they may send.

If it bothers you go to the police although I am 99.9999% certain that she is just blowing hot air, after all you have her address too and she doesn't know if you are married to a six foot, heavily muscled motorbike rider with a love of baseball.Smiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply