GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

I take it from a number of posts here that others in Australia have experienced the utter frustration of dealing with the Global Shipping Program. There is absolutely nothing Global about this. I think Ebay sees the 'S' in GSP as standing for 'Suckers'. No more combined postage, no more effective tracking, and when one contacts Pitney Bowes a fob off to a FAQ site is all you'll get. My issue started when I purchased 2 items from the UK on 14 August 2019. On 19 August my items were sent but some idiot in the UK couldn't find Goolwa, South Australia in the UK. So, again on the 19 August my items were returned to the sender. That was the last time I was given any idea where my items were. A message to the seller saw a barrage of emails hit my desktop the next morning. 12 of them, yes, 12 emails for 2 items. The twelve emails repeated endlessly that my items had been returned on the 19th. By the 21st August, needing these parts now quite urgently I told the seller that I wanted to cancel the transaction and that they would escalate the issue with Ebay. I still needed the parts of course, so I ordered 2 more of them from a German seller, not on Ebay (I presume) The parts were about the same price but the shipper was going to be DHL, not the Global Sucker Program.

Not sure if my refund would also include a refund from Ebay GSP, I contacted Paypal to act on my behalf. I can only presume that they contacted someone, anyone, who knows?, because today I have another 7 messages trying to update me. I still have no idea where the items are. That's 19 messages and I'm still none the wiser. What a joke. I know most US and UK residents think the world starts and ends at their borders and shorelines and that's ok. But, if you're going to call something Global, one should first buy an atlas and realise that there's a lot more world out there.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

I suppose that's why hers are private. I am starting to feel quite vulnerable actually.

Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

Buyers can choose to not let the entire world know what they buy. Nothing suspicious. Your vulnerability is down to you, and has nothing to do with your question, except that stawks' detective work makes it easier to understand your issue.

If you had said initially that you bought from a shonky seller with heaps of bad feedback, you might well have got more useful answers.

Like caveat emptor, or feedback exists for a purpose - check it prior to purchasing.

Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

Some eBay members prefer to post here with a posting ID. It's not only permitted under eBay's Multiple account policy, but in fact - to the best of my knowledge - it was suggested at one point by eBay moderators (in the days when the forums were looked after and moderated by eBay employees specifically employed for that purpose amnong others) that some members should have a posting ID in order to protect their trading IDs.

As far as I understand it, this was mostly for eBay members who were selling, since selling accounts are more vulnerable to abuse. (Revenge purchases, malicious feedback, etc., being among the range of behaviours which could actually destroy someone's business just because of a difference of opinion on the boards.)

It doesn't appear likely to me that your account is in any sort of danger. Your purchases can't be seen (just to reassure you), although your feedback does show that you tend to buy from Chinese sellers.

If you're curious to see how much information is shown to others, you're welcome to click onto my feedback score to check the feedback I've given or received. Other eBay users can see the sellers, the coloured dot, and the feedback comment. As I am not an eBay seller, they cannot see the item number or item description. I tend to give item details in my feedback, a habit I acquired to be able to recall from whom I bought what... but if I stated in one piece of feedback, just as an example, something like "Superfast jetpack; took it for a spin over Kiribati - impressed! Thank you!", you'd never be able to tell that what I'd actually bought was, again just as an example, an English terracotta garlic grater.

Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

Just to add, if you decide to sell again on eBay you can't have "private feedback".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

Countess, you must be the only person I know that has actually heard of Kiribati.

My sister lived there when it was just plain old Gilbert & Ellis Islands.

My only overseas destination I'm sad to say.   But a great 6 day cruise to get there

Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

Oopsies.    blushing-smiley-emoticon.gif 

Should be Gilbert & Ellice Islands.

Specifically, she lived on Banaba, which was Ocean Island.

Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

Nah, I've heard of Kiribati Stawks......I have some coins from there.

Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Hang onto them. The joint won't exist in a few years.

Good thing the population can come here and pick fruit.

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

Many years ago, I worked for the Victorian Public Health laboratory, and one of the places we used to receive biological specimens from (blood, urine, tissue and other unmentionables) was Kiribati, as they didn't have their own pathology lab. So now you 'know' of two people who have heard of Kiribati.. 

Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I also have coins from Kiribati. I didn't balk when I saw it mentioned. I already knew about it. I'd not known someone who knows someone who lived there though!

Message 20 of 38
Latest reply