GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

I take it from a number of posts here that others in Australia have experienced the utter frustration of dealing with the Global Shipping Program. There is absolutely nothing Global about this. I think Ebay sees the 'S' in GSP as standing for 'Suckers'. No more combined postage, no more effective tracking, and when one contacts Pitney Bowes a fob off to a FAQ site is all you'll get. My issue started when I purchased 2 items from the UK on 14 August 2019. On 19 August my items were sent but some idiot in the UK couldn't find Goolwa, South Australia in the UK. So, again on the 19 August my items were returned to the sender. That was the last time I was given any idea where my items were. A message to the seller saw a barrage of emails hit my desktop the next morning. 12 of them, yes, 12 emails for 2 items. The twelve emails repeated endlessly that my items had been returned on the 19th. By the 21st August, needing these parts now quite urgently I told the seller that I wanted to cancel the transaction and that they would escalate the issue with Ebay. I still needed the parts of course, so I ordered 2 more of them from a German seller, not on Ebay (I presume) The parts were about the same price but the shipper was going to be DHL, not the Global Sucker Program.

Not sure if my refund would also include a refund from Ebay GSP, I contacted Paypal to act on my behalf. I can only presume that they contacted someone, anyone, who knows?, because today I have another 7 messages trying to update me. I still have no idea where the items are. That's 19 messages and I'm still none the wiser. What a joke. I know most US and UK residents think the world starts and ends at their borders and shorelines and that's ok. But, if you're going to call something Global, one should first buy an atlas and realise that there's a lot more world out there.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

Jetpack

Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

Dave might be right, and I'm sad to hear it.

Spoiler

Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

Me too.

And our government's response is pathetic, racist and embarrassing.

Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

It is not a stance of which we can be proud.

Australia has so much to offer, and such opportunities to be in the forefront with developing and encouraging the relevant technologies to help... but at the moment, it isn't happening.

I can understand that the government is concerned with troubles within Australia. I don't think our current Pacific response is an admirable one (nor justified - even in light of the current economic ill winds). It seems brutal and selfish, as well as short-sighted. We should be better than that.

Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

our problems are identical, do not allow anyone on here to make you believe that your problem is rare. the only thing that's rare is when a seller fails to refund when there is confirmation you have not received your item. you might want to look at one of my recent replies, that is based on my extensive discussions (about international shipper's obligations under their "global conventions" agreement) I had with a legal rep from Australia Post... oh, & please excuse my grammar. I'm all over the shop at the moment juggling my own construction jobs while posting on here...got no f'n time, but have an ebay debt owed to me, that I endeavour to collect...one way or another!

Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

What has your problem got to do with the Global Shipping Program that only operates out of the US and UK ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/iam-still-waiting-on-my-item/qaq-p/2258408/comment-i...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

what's with the jumpy drawing of false conclusions - ragarding my circumstances - in eBays defence,? i dare say you sound like an eBay bot. my situation in actual fact is no different. And besides that, apart from my refund being hindered by ebay's self-serving expiry on offering assistance to sound disputes, my item took an identical turn for the worse & despite finding documentation that seller indeed received return of my item, they strung me along claiming it's still in the country of item's destination...

@padi*0409 wrote:

What has your problem got to do with the Global Shipping Program that only operates out of the US and UK ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/iam-still-waiting-on-my-item/qaq-p/2258408/comment-i...

Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

I went there a couple of times when we lived in Fiji and Solomon Islands

Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

@vandegraaff8,

You cannot allow yourself to be strung along by sellers in this way. It's of no comfort in your present situation, but for your own protection always be aware of the timeframes to open a dispute in either eBay or PayPal.

The amount of money you have lost is shocking, and I wish there were better advice I could give you apart from what I have already posted... and I'm afraid that nothing I've posted is likely to give you back your money. I truly wish there were a stronger likelikhood that you could be refunded.

Just to update everyone about reporting a cybercrime, it's no longer ACORN to whom reports are submitted. It is now the Cyber Issue Reporting System (under ACSC, Australian Cyber Security Centre).

From there, you would choose:

⦿ A personal cyber issue that has happened to you or someone you know

then

⦿ Someone has requested money or deceived you into buying products or services online or to donate to a charity

then, under ❝Was the victim a resident of Australia or visiting Australia at the time the issue occurred?❞

⦿ Yes

then

... continue as relevant by following the prompts.

OR - to shortcut all of this and go straight to the page where you report that you were the victim of an online shopping fraud, this is the direct link.

Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

@ibmfella wrote:

I take it from a number of posts here that others in Australia have experienced the utter frustration of dealing with the Global Shipping Program. There is absolutely nothing Global about this. I think Ebay sees the 'S' in GSP as standing for 'Suckers'. No more combined postage, no more effective tracking, and when one contacts Pitney Bowes a fob off to a FAQ site is all you'll get. My issue started when I purchased 2 items from the UK on 14 August 2019. On 19 August my items were sent but some idiot in the UK couldn't find Goolwa, South Australia in the UK. So, again on the 19 August my items were returned to the sender. That was the last time I was given any idea where my items were. A message to the seller saw a barrage of emails hit my desktop the next morning. 12 of them, yes, 12 emails for 2 items. The twelve emails repeated endlessly that my items had been returned on the 19th. By the 21st August, needing these parts now quite urgently I told the seller that I wanted to cancel the transaction and that they would escalate the issue with Ebay. I still needed the parts of course, so I ordered 2 more of them from a German seller, not on Ebay (I presume) The parts were about the same price but the shipper was going to be DHL, not the Global Sucker Program.

Not sure if my refund would also include a refund from Ebay GSP, I contacted Paypal to act on my behalf. I can only presume that they contacted someone, anyone, who knows?, because today I have another 7 messages trying to update me. I still have no idea where the items are. That's 19 messages and I'm still none the wiser. What a joke. I know most US and UK residents think the world starts and ends at their borders and shorelines and that's ok. But, if you're going to call something Global, one should first buy an atlas and realise that there's a lot more world out there.

Hi @ibmfella , I stay clear of it at every chance I get. There's a way to get sellers to opt out of it. A simple process to follow. Hopefully they'll post it here again.

Please if someone could.

Message 30 of 38
Latest reply