GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

I take it from a number of posts here that others in Australia have experienced the utter frustration of dealing with the Global Shipping Program. There is absolutely nothing Global about this. I think Ebay sees the 'S' in GSP as standing for 'Suckers'. No more combined postage, no more effective tracking, and when one contacts Pitney Bowes a fob off to a FAQ site is all you'll get. My issue started when I purchased 2 items from the UK on 14 August 2019. On 19 August my items were sent but some idiot in the UK couldn't find Goolwa, South Australia in the UK. So, again on the 19 August my items were returned to the sender. That was the last time I was given any idea where my items were. A message to the seller saw a barrage of emails hit my desktop the next morning. 12 of them, yes, 12 emails for 2 items. The twelve emails repeated endlessly that my items had been returned on the 19th. By the 21st August, needing these parts now quite urgently I told the seller that I wanted to cancel the transaction and that they would escalate the issue with Ebay. I still needed the parts of course, so I ordered 2 more of them from a German seller, not on Ebay (I presume) The parts were about the same price but the shipper was going to be DHL, not the Global Sucker Program.

Not sure if my refund would also include a refund from Ebay GSP, I contacted Paypal to act on my behalf. I can only presume that they contacted someone, anyone, who knows?, because today I have another 7 messages trying to update me. I still have no idea where the items are. That's 19 messages and I'm still none the wiser. What a joke. I know most US and UK residents think the world starts and ends at their borders and shorelines and that's ok. But, if you're going to call something Global, one should first buy an atlas and realise that there's a lot more world out there.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have to agree that the GSP is slow and expensive and if goes wrong it does it in spectacular style but I do find the tracking is very reliable.

If the seller sent the parcel to the wrong address that is hardly the fault of the GSP service itself.  It also seems that your seller is clueless.

I suggest you ring ebay about the refund of the shipping costs.....they are not automatic and I have never heard of a situation like yours.

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's the seller, not the GSP

I'm guessing they forgot to put AUSTRALIA on the address.

I think you may have dodged a bullet if you get your money back.

Did you bother checking the seller's 389 negative feedback for wrong/broken/not received part?

Let alone the 427 neutrals for bad quality/packing/broken parts

I'm no fan of the GSP, but it's the seller this time IMO

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

How did you know exactly move many negatives and neutral ratings my seller had? I don't think I mentioned their name in my post.

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

I would imagine that imastawka, who is certainly a very good g-investigate.gif, checked the seller who gave you feedback recently, and whose feedback profile page shows that they are in the UK.

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

I think stawks got it from the feedback page.  (edit - waves to The Countess) Smiley Happy

image host
Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

The seller doesn't get your address when they use the GSP, so they couldn't have stuffed it up - they ship to a distribution centre in the UK and Pitney Bowes ship on to you.

Whatever the reason for the RTS was, it probably has something to do with the GSP, I'd be more inclined to think anyway, because they're a bit funny about parts sometimes, especially things that use or require fuel, oil etc (if that is at all applicable). 

Stawks would have looked at your feedback profile, which shows only two FB received in the last month, form a parts seller in the UK using the GSP, so it's fairly easy to follow the breadcrumbs. 

Edit: Pipped twice Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

(waves back in a delicious mood of satisfaction, having made an absolutely glorious chutney...)

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Pips for digital*ghost:

๐ŸŸ‹๐ŸŸ‹

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

If you needed the parts urgently, why did you buy from England? Given they are now more urgent,  why Germany, who are notoriously slow?

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply