Gixen registration email. Is it legitimite?

I received an email from Gixen with the following message. I have removed the links. Anybody else receive this & is it legitimate?

Dear Gixen user,

The changes previously announced are now in effect.

Gixen is now integrated with eBay very efficiently, and sign up to select Gixen username and password will shortly be mandatory if you want to add new snipes. Gixen will never ask for your eBay password again.

So far a large number of users have already transitioned their accounts, and the transition seems to be smooth for most. Please do the same as soon as possible, as there is no catch, and there is no downside to this. Once you complete the process, all your scheduled snipes, settings and history will be preserved.

You can register and transition your account now at----------------------------

The new backend will be moved from www.gixen.net back to www.gixen.com on or around Aug 4th.

Mario (Gixen operator).

P.S. Bids already scheduled will execute even without transition, but I urge you to complete the sign-up / transition anyway, as the new backend gives you an unprecendented reliability.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it is legit. I received another email at the end of June about the upcoming change but I only received it on one of my accounts. Today's email came to all of my accounts.

Screenshot_20170725-220307.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have no idea if it is legit as I don't use Gixen.

Surely you know if you use Gixen and if they have notified you of any changes that were scheduled to come into effect?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Don't use links.

Just log into gixen.com and see if you get the same there.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@lindsey2573 wrote:

I received an email from Gixen with the following message. I have removed the links. Anybody else receive this & is it legitimate?

Dear Gixen user,

The changes previously announced are now in effect.

Gixen is now integrated with eBay very efficiently, and sign up to select Gixen username and password will shortly be mandatory if you want to add new snipes. Gixen will never ask for your eBay password again.

So far a large number of users have already transitioned their accounts, and the transition seems to be smooth for most. Please do the same as soon as possible, as there is no catch, and there is no downside to this. Once you complete the process, all your scheduled snipes, settings and history will be preserved.

You can register and transition your account now at----------------------------

The new backend will be moved from www.gixen.net back to www.gixen.com on or around Aug 4th.

Mario (Gixen operator).

P.S. Bids already scheduled will execute even without transition, but I urge you to complete the sign-up / transition anyway, as the new backend gives you an unprecendented reliability.

I received a similar message and it was legit.  I think it took me to an eBay page first. Gixen.com are migrating to Gixen.net and  you will have to log in with a user name and password instead of your eBay ones.  I know it works because after I followed all the new steps I put in a snipe bid at gixen.net for an auction finishing that night...and i won.  I paid for the item and it's on it's way. 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I have no idea if it is legit as I don't use Gixen.

Surely you know if you use Gixen and if they have notified you of any changes that were scheduled to come into effect?

I use Gixen, and this email is the first indication of any change.

So yes OP, I too was concerned when I received the email, as it didn't seem to make much sense. I logged into Gixen and everything appeared just the same.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As already stated, I don't use Gixen but I remember getting an email some time ago about changes that were going to be implemented and inviting me to open an account with them.   I took no notice of it at the time as I was not interested.  I assume that this email was in connection with that message.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, it is legit. I received another email at the end of June about the upcoming change but I only received it on one of my accounts. Today's email came to all of my accounts.

Screenshot_20170725-220307.jpg

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Gixen are certainly putting a positive spin on a situation they had no control over.  Until recently the eBay API could not be used for sniping, however eBay has just done a 180 degree turn about and now require all sniping services (not just Gixen) to now use their API.  This means instead of giving your eBay ID and Password to the sniping service, eBay now knows that the sniping service is authorised to snipe for you and will let it place bids on your behalf.  Hence the email.  (PS I am not a Gixen user).

A definite security enhancement, however since eBay has and does charge for the use of their API some free sniping could diappear.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply