Global Shipping Program Ripped Off, Who shipped item to Australia

I recently purchased an item from america using the global shipping program, took 2 months to arrive to australia, when i noticed it had been updated to delivered at 2.00am friday on my ebay purchases page. There was no item.  I went to australia post gave them all 3 tracking numbers provided. Auspost cannot use any of them, opened paypal case. decided in sellers favor because says delivered on ebay system.

heres my problem, EBAY, PAYPAL or the seller cannot tell me who delivered the item in australia (auspost, dhl, toll etc)

so i cannot even see if it waiting at a depot for collection or was delivered to wrong adress. Now this prick in america got to keep my 140$ and highly likely that the item will get returned to him because i cant chase it up!!!

Even when i complained again to paypal, they said they cant even use the tracking numbers provided by pitney-bowes ummm so how can you approve in there favor???? if you cant use the tracking number and cant tell me who delivered the item???

What a Scam

You have lost my business ebay!!!!!

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

First off calm down.

Next call Paypal and quietly, in simple language explain that you have received nothing and if they cannot track the parcel how can they say it has been delovered. Tell them you are prepared to send them a Stat Dec confirming it was not delivered to you. 

At that level they will almost certainly turn you down but ask to spek to a supervisor, remember not to lose your temper with them, you want their help. If stil no joy ask t be bumped further up the food chain.

If still no resolution clmly tell them that unless you recieve the goods or a refund within 48 hours you will be reporting the matter to the FSO. That usually elicits a positive outcome, if it doesn't make the complaint.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

Hi mate i have rang paypal 4 times, twice the person i was talking to agreed it sounded very dodgy and had an extra case opened for me, that went to a special department for review, it was rejected within 24 hrs. i even threatened with australia consumer laws and any other big words i could think of. spent an hour on friday explaining to an ebay lady what had happened, she re-opened the case through ebays system and said once the seller provides the tracking number ring back and we will confirm the tracking doesnt work and refund you. rang back today explained for another hour what had happened only to be told the lady on friday had no right to re-open the case and ebay will not help any further in the matter

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

First off calm down.

Next call Paypal and quietly, in simple language explain that you have received nothing and if they cannot track the parcel how can they say it has been delovered. Tell them you are prepared to send them a Stat Dec confirming it was not delivered to you. 

At that level they will almost certainly turn you down but ask to spek to a supervisor, remember not to lose your temper with them, you want their help. If stil no joy ask t be bumped further up the food chain.

If still no resolution clmly tell them that unless you recieve the goods or a refund within 48 hours you will be reporting the matter to the FSO. That usually elicits a positive outcome, if it doesn't make the complaint.

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As PJ says....calm down.

First of all, don't blame the seller.  Once he has sent the item to the GSP facility in Erlanger KY he can no longer track it and has no control over what happens to it.  It is most unlikely that it will be returned to him.

Get in touch with FedEx.  That is the company that is used to ship the GSP items to Australia.  They deliver larger items themselves or off load to another company if they do not deliver to your area.

If it is a small item they will give it to Australia Post for delivery as an e-parcel.

FedEx should know where your parcel has gone.....you should get more satisfaction from them than by trying to chase up paypal or ebay.

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

yeh but what tracking number do i give them? the number provided by pitney-bowes to paypal isnt a tracking number its an internal reference number. I have tried this number on literally every world wide tracking site
UPAAB000000103778843. Australia post said when the item come from erlanger to australia it was supposed to recieve a new tracking number that could be traced in Aus. I just find it obsured that paypal cant even use these numbers
Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

That UPA number is the number used within the USPS system to track the item to Pitney Bowes in Erlanger.  It is the only number the seller will have and he has no way of accessing the number used once the item is given to FedEx.

Obviously you were able to track the item to Erlanger......when you were notified it had left Erlanger did you see the word FEDKEB anywhere on the page?  If so, click on the word and it should give you another number to track it to Australia until it is delivered.

I have learned just recently that sometimes the UPA number does track it all the way....Have you tried accessing the FedEx website with that number?

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

I was provided by the seller the number for usps which shows tracking from the seller to erlanger, its a normal tracking number, just numbers. The UPA number was provided by pitney-bowes when i opened up the paypal case. I have given the UPA number to auspost which comes up invalid, i have used 5 different international tracking sites ( which auto detect shipping companies) also invalid. I have rang paypal and asked them if they can use the number and they cannot. That is the real tracking number i provided in my comment above. Have also tried it on fedex, usps sites etc. There is no shipping company info after usps in erlanger, ebay, and paypal said they cant find the shipping company either.
Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

I understand that you have tried the tracking number in a number of sites but you need to RING FedEx.   They are the only ones who might be able to help you as they are the only courier company used by the GSP to ship to Australia.

Even if FedEx offload the parcel to Australia Post for delivery that tracking number will not be valid in AP....it will be sent as an e-parcel with a new AP tracking number.

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

Many apologies for jumping in on your thread, closet_nerd...I will be as brief as possible!

I was looking for clarification on tracking nos# as well for a package which has apparently been 'Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination' in Erlanger, but there is no FEDKEB number, only a 22-digit one which says 'Domestic tracking' underneath the UPAAA number. Would this be a cause for concern if Fedex indeed handle the shipping after PBI?

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

Hi just rang Fedex they do not know what the number is. they said will only help them if i provide the correct 12 digit tracking number. Aaaagh this is driving me crazy 😞

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply