Global Shipping Program - do you mention it in feedback?

chezzy
Community Member

Recently I had my first experience with Global Shipping, a small light weight item that would have cost USD$12-$13 by USPS First Class International normally. Instead it cost twice that and took twice as long. I have always tried to avoid GSP but was unable to in this case.

The item was despatched quickly, the item itself I am very happy with.

Was not happy that the package took a tour of America and also sat in Melbourne for a week before it was delivered.

GSP/Pitney Bowes has really let the team/transaction down I feel. Should I mention it in the feedback or mark DSR/stars

accordingly. Dilemma! What do others do?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Global Shipping Program User Agreement FAQs

How will the program affect my Detailed Seller Ratings?

3. If a GSP Item is delivered to your Buyer and your Buyer leaves you detailed seller ratings for shipping and handling charges or shipping time that are below 5 stars, eBay will not count those detailed seller ratings for that GSP Item against your seller performance standards. 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/advanced-shipping/Global-Shipping-Program/GSPUAFA...

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@chezzy wrote:

GSP/Pitney Bowes has really let the team/transaction down I feel. Should I mention it in the feedback or mark DSR/stars

accordingly. Dilemma! What do others do?

All GSP related feedback comments and postage DSRs are removable. 

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I thought ebay 'encouraged' honest/factual feedback. I don't necessarily have to mention the words GSP or PB to get my point across....

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

I thought ebay 'encouraged' honest/factual feedback. I don't necessarily have to mention the words GSP or PB to get my point across....

On the one hand, I can see that the seller has some responsibility for their decision to use the GSP when you consider there's a lot of information available out there about it resulting in disappointing transactions. 

On the other hand it still (just to me personally) seems equivalent to giving bad feedback to a seller over Australia Post issues, and that's the tact eBay have decided upon, I presume - in that a seller using the GSP has no control over how the shipment is handled once it has left them, and because everything can be proven via tracking (being a part of eBay's system helps), eBay extends some measure of protection to the GSP and the sellers who use it.

I'm not saying it's right, just saying what is - it's annoying, especially when you consider that it's perfectly fine by eBay for buyers to leave bad feedback etc over non-eBay sanctioned postal service failures, and even in their feedback extortion help pages, they say it's perfectly ok to threaten sellers with negs if an item doesn't arrive 'tomorrow' (where tomorrow is the day after eBay's estimated delivery date).

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@chezzy wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

On the one hand, I can see that the seller has some responsibility for their decision to use the GSP when you consider there's a lot of information available out there about it resulting in disappointing transactions

On the other hand it still (just to me personally) seems equivalent to giving bad feedback to a seller over Australia Post issues, and that's the tact eBay have decided upon, I presume - in that a seller using the GSP has no control over how the shipment is handled once it has left them, and because everything can be proven via tracking (being a part of eBay's system helps), eBay extends some measure of protection to the GSP and the sellers who use it.

I'm not saying it's right, just saying what is - it's annoying, especially when you consider that it's perfectly fine by eBay for buyers to leave bad feedback etc over non-eBay sanctioned postal service failures, and even in their feedback extortion help pages, they say it's perfectly ok to threaten sellers with negs if an item doesn't arrive 'tomorrow' (where tomorrow is the day after eBay's estimated delivery date).

As I understand it my seller was kinda pestered by ebay to offer GSP with their listings. They were unaware of what seems like 'gouging' for intl shipping. The seller isn't necessarily going to know about any issues if they haven't been digging around for info or it hasn't been brought to their attention. I tried to do my part in creating some awareness - sent them some links and screen shots (tracking info etc). I still feel i need to put 'something' in the feedback (other than great seller/great item) that reflects the issue....

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Are you the poster that started a thread about buying an item delivered by GSP ( so you knew the item went from seller to a distribution point in US then its sent internationally)? You knew the problems other buyers have had using that service but still decided to try it and see what happened.

I think it unfair  to leave any comments in the sellers FB and/or mark their DSR's down. It is a service they offer and you chose to buy the item knowing it was going to be sent by that service and correct me if I am wrong but you were aware of potential issues with that service before you bought the item.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program User Agreement FAQs

How will the program affect my Detailed Seller Ratings?

3. If a GSP Item is delivered to your Buyer and your Buyer leaves you detailed seller ratings for shipping and handling charges or shipping time that are below 5 stars, eBay will not count those detailed seller ratings for that GSP Item against your seller performance standards. 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/advanced-shipping/Global-Shipping-Program/GSPUAFA...

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Its soooooo wrong on sooooooo many levels.....
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Absolutely, and it doesn't give Pitney Bowes much incentive to do the right thing either.
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

There are so many steps in the GSP where problems can arise.

The seller packs the item and hands it to USPS who deliver it to Pitney Bowes in Erlanger KY.  Pitney Bowes repacks (or Not) the item and prepares the Customs forms.  For Australian delivery the goods then go to FedEx and when it finally arrives in Australia it is either delivered by FedEx themselves or in the case of smaller items it is handed to Australia Post for delivery as an eParcel or an ordinary parcel.

It is a recipe for disaster.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply