HELP WITH ARTICLE BEING POSTED

Hi Everybody

I'm a seller, not usually a buyer so need some help with an item I purchased on 6 July & think hasn't been posted but not sure.  

The message on my buyers history reads item posted & then gives EBay Tracking number which says the information has been received by Australia Post on 7 July.  I'm assuming that it has not yet been posted.

If not received by next week, can I lodge an item not received claim & because it's an Ebay tracking does this mean that I don't have a claim?

If I do lodge an "Item not received" claim is Ebay or Paypal better.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

If it goes over the last estimated delivery date, you can lodge an item not received claim.

As you don't have it, the seller can hardly prove otherwise, ebay tracking or not. It hasn't been delivered to you, that's the bottom line.

Actually, if i were you, I would be inclined to lodge that claim as soon as that last estimated delivery date ticks over. That is, unless the seller gets to you with a decent explanation for the delay.

You purchased on 6 July, it is now 14 July. If it had been posted, I would expect tracking to show it somewhere in transit by now.

It doesn't sound as if it has actually been posted off & that's not good enough.

I forget which is better, ebay or paypal for item not received. Never had to make a claim on ebay. Someone else will know.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

If it is showing as received by Australia Post that means it was lodged over the counter. It is not unusual for there to be no other scans until the item is onboard for delivery.

As a seller you should know this.

Also 7/7 was only last Friday, a week, so it is hardly long overdue. Depending on where it is coming from and going to, that is not a long time. Even so, you would probably win an INR claim through eBay, as they don't care about sellers. Something you should keep in mind when things go pear shaped with your sales.

Have you contacted the seller?

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

If it goes over the last estimated delivery date, you can lodge an item not received claim.

As you don't have it, the seller can hardly prove otherwise, ebay tracking or not. It hasn't been delivered to you, that's the bottom line.

Actually, if i were you, I would be inclined to lodge that claim as soon as that last estimated delivery date ticks over. That is, unless the seller gets to you with a decent explanation for the delay.

You purchased on 6 July, it is now 14 July. If it had been posted, I would expect tracking to show it somewhere in transit by now.

It doesn't sound as if it has actually been posted off & that's not good enough.

I forget which is better, ebay or paypal for item not received. Never had to make a claim on ebay. Someone else will know.

if tracking shows with Australia Post, it means it is with Australia Post. Hardly the seller's fault if AP don't scan after LODGEMENT, which is what 'with Australia Post' means, so I'm not sure what explanation you would expect the seller to provide.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks, I have contacted the seller, but he didn't bother to reply.

As a seller I do not use the Ebay postage system  & I've never had a claim for item not received, so your comments regarding what I should know are not relevant.

When I ask for assistance (which is very rare) I really appreciate the help given, but not the personal comments about what I should or shouldn't know.  Obviously if I knew I wouldn't be asking for assistance.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It does not matter when you open a dispute....the seller can prove it has been posted so should win the dispute.

For an item not received it is best to use paypal....much quicker than ebay.

I hope you will contact the seller before jumping into a dispute.   It is hardly her fault that you do not understand what the tracking shows.

I suppose you also think that the estimated delivery date is set in stone....it isn't!   It is a date made up by ebay that bears very little resemblance to the reality of postage times.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Lyndal, that's exactly what I did.  I asked the question - does this mean you have posted or just the info conveyed electronically that label has been printed. 

Because I didn't receive a reply, I turned to the boards for an explanation.  

Being a seller I would give plenty of time before loding a INR, however took the opportunity to ask which way to go about it should I need to use it.

"The sender has provided the shipping details for this parcel. Shipping information received by Aust Post."

Doesn't say parcel lodged or sent, just info received. Does this not happen when an Ebay label is printed, but parcel not lodged?

This is what is showing on my buying history & no other tracking details on Aust POst site.  So it is a bit confusing, as all my tracking when I send parcels says "Parcel lodged" etc...  I always lodge over the counter, so really not familiar with the Ebay lodgement system.

Anyway thanks for the help & I'll wait an appropriate time before following up with INR if necessary.
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Forgot to add that I'm well aware of Ebays estimation of delivery dates being unrealistic.  Everybody has very quickly jumped to the conclusion that I'm going to race to lodge an INR.  In fact I just wanted to know if anybody could tell me if my parcel has ACTUALLY BEEN SENT.

I simply asked for the explanation of the message & best way to lodge INR IF NECESSARY.  As a seller I'm sympathetic to the vagaries that sellers face with being at Aust Post mercies.

I think when a question is asked the answer needs to be given & the conjecture of what a person is going to, or not going to do, is best left up to them.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

i answered your question to the best of my knowledge. Your admission that you were looking to open an INR sooner rather than later is a reflection on you, and my responses were in accordance with my perception of that. As most answers are.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

It has been posted with a pre paid postage which means the post has been given details that it has been posted but until the parcel

is received where it can be scanned then all you will see is shipping info has been received by AP.

Next step will be when it has been scanned at a sorting centre or when it will be delivered.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply